Senior Information Security Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us! Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, with technology that simply works!
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work closely with the Manager of the Governance, Risk and Compliance Program. The role will coordinate the Meraki program in alignment with established Security policies, standards, methodologies, and processes. You will lead and drive assessments to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements, identifying risks, and communicating the posture to the Meraki leadership team. You will also act as the domain specialist for Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- Assist and influence management in the development, evolution, and execution of security risk strategies.
- Take the lead in the creation effort of the Information Security Risk Program by crafting a Security Risk Assessment methodology, policy, strategy, and process.
- Proactively work with local and remote Security teams and business owners to define the risk roadmap and program direction. Communicate and advocate for security enhancements and continuous improvements.
- Lead gap and risk assessments to identify and document significant information security risks associated with all aspects of Meraki systems, data, and infrastructure.
- Partner with Engineering leadership on the development, and review of IT initiatives and Security controls to identify operational efficiency.
- Lead remediation efforts and document completion status of deficiencies.
- Advance GRC and other Security tools to collect, maintain and share security risk information with senior leadership.
- Serve as a project lead by providing professional and expert-level security consulting services to business owners and partners.
- Maintain broad knowledge of standard methodologies and trends in the field of Information Security and other technologies relevant to systems operated by the Operations teams.
- Find opportunities for collaboration, inclusion, and alignment across the security program.
- Act as a mentor and train other security analysts.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Extensive experience implementing and assessing security in a cloud-hosted environment.
- High-level of knowledge of security technologies, information systems, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Desire to learn new and evolving technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8+ years of working within the technical arena with 5+ years of information security work experience.
- Technical background in IT systems and networking in Cloud environments.
- Experience analyzing vulnerability assessment reports and data and writing risk mitigation plans according to the assessment.
- Must have the ability to lead and collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to further the goals and mission of the Security Risk and Compliance team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST, COBIT, ITIL, PCI
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Compensation Range: $192,200 - $282,900
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.