Senior Security Development Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a member of the Security Development team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about building full stack security tools and have substantial experience developing in a containerized cloud/data center hybrid environment.
- Build and maintain custom security tools and services such as:
- AWS-based secrets management
- Monitoring and anomaly detection tooling
- Automated certificate renewal and PKI infrastructure
- Incident response automation
- Partner with the greater security team as well as our product and infrastructure teams to build scalable and user-friendly security tooling
- Build flawless integrations between our tools, Meraki’s development stack, and the broader Cisco security infrastructure
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of full-stack development experience in Ruby or Python
- Have experience using Terraform or similar Infrastructure-As-Code tools
- Have experience in web, database, information, and/or infrastructure security
- Have experience with containers (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Have knowledge of X.509 certificate management
- Have experience with Git CI/CD practices
- Are comfortable with Linux based systems
- Know and love learning about the latest security tools, infrastructure, and industry standard processes
- Are excited to champion security as a first-class concern
Bonus points for:
- Experience with IoT platforms, mobile applications, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
- Proven track record to ship in a dynamic environment
At Meraki we are driven by the desire to make managing sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to manage enterprise scale networks using a simple point and click interface. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, coaching, and empowering smart, useful, humble people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including a fantastic office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.