Program and Process Management Leader, Support
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.
About the role:
- Cisco Meraki is looking for a purposeful, well-organized, and influential leader to supercharge the strategy and execution of our world-class support organization!
- You will join a team of top-tier Project and Program Managers and will lead highly-skilled professionals dedicated to the execution and alignment of the Support organization strategy.
- Want to make an impact? You will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of the Program, Portfolio and Operations processes, with a direct line to the senior leadership team.
- A typical work week might consist of:
- Putting the final touches on the key metrics that assess the efficiency of the Project Portfolio Management process
- Presenting the high-level Project roadmap to our 600+ Support team members
- Uncovering the governance gaps which led to confusion during the early stages of the Customer Success program and using data to identify your next actions
- Facilitating a team meeting to help create a bespoke approach to hybrid work
- Holding personalized 1:1s with each team member to unblock challenges and build out their career progression goals
40% Team Management
- Hold weekly 1:1s and team meeting, provide your team with radically candid feedback on day-to-day work and assigned projects and drive the engagement, performance and reward rituals
- Be a strong mentor to enable the team to do their best work and grow.
- Bring your experience to help craft relevant role expectations and an inspiring career ladder
- Define our future hiring plans as we expand our processes to the next level of maturity
- Actively seek, identify, and assist with onboarding new talent into the team using our acclaimed hiring process
40% Strategic Program Management and Process Work
- Build a center of expertise for our Program, Project Portfolio and Strategy execution processes, by surrounding yourself with dedicated, highly-skilled professionals to support them
- Evolve these processes (e.g. refining the intake process, crafting a governance framework, evolving high-level planning), while always ensuring that the right amount of process is applied
- Build relevant process metrics to assess performance and use the insights to identify strengths and gaps.
- Keep on top of program and strategy status and work to make overall progress (or lack thereof) transparent and facilitate roadmapping, decision-making and assignment
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional teams to facilitate both the adoption of our processes and the planning and rollout of Support-wide programs
- Work in good intelligence with the Project Management Leader to build consistent processes
- Bring your sharp and critical thinking skills to brainstorm multiple approaches/solutions to complex problems
20% Professional Development
We encourage and value professional development. Plan and use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself, which could look like:
- Staying well-versed in the latest theory and standard methodologies in program, project portfolio and OKR management, acquiring professional certifications, attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Learning or improving on data analysis and storytelling
- Finding the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side initiatives
- 7+ years experience with a minimum of 2 years of direct management experience
- Proven examples of program management and/or large project management work spanning teams (Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc.) to deliver features, services, processes or benefits
- Strong strategic and analytical approach to problem solving with a consistent track record in a cross-functional environment
- Proficient in mentoring and developing junior and senior team members to grow them in their careers
- Creative thinking - you have often solved problems differently than “the way it’s always been done.”
- Comfortable with ambiguity and you have a distinct passion for finding efficiencies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Presentation and communication experience across various audiences (in-team, cross-team, executive, etc.)
- Positive, engaging, tactful
- Prefer experience with Support or Service organizations
- Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics, a similarly rigorous major and/or an MBA
- Project management certifications is a Plus (PMP-Project Management Professional, PgMP-Program Management Professional, Certified ScrumMaster, etc.)
- Strategic consulting experience is a big plus
- Project Portfolio Management experience is a big plus
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Compensation Range: $105,300 USD- $185,500 USD
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.