Leader, Solutions Development Architecture
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
As a member of the Enterprise Applications & Infrastructure Leadership Team, you will be an integral part of Cisco Meraki’s success in crafting and building the systems and processes that our teams use every day to deliver on Meraki’s mission. Making IT Easier, Faster and Smarter starts with you!
What we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a people leader
- Experience in solutions architecture
- A collaborative people manager and a visionary
- A self-motivated person, with a growth mindset able to influence a broad set of partners
- Someone able to think and work strategically and creatively as well as a leader that can understand change as the business evolves.'
- Experienced in software development or systems engineering
- Experience in using data to lead business strategy and solutions
- Someone with a background in building robust, secure, and scalable systems
- Experience doing strategy and planning activities, such as technology road mapping and capability assessments
- Expertise in Agile or Scaled Agile and comfortable estimating T-shirt size with only high-level requirements and design
- Able to understand the business, extract the primary functionality and help get to an MVP scope
Responsibilities in this role:
- Build positive relationships with business and development partners as well as peers on other multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales, Strategy, Engineering, and Operations.
- Coach and mentor system analysts and architects, build their careers, and develop their skills
- Partner with the Director of Enterprise Applications & Infrastructure to define and set the technology vision, ensuring alignment with the company's standard processes while building on the capabilities that enable Meraki to be successful
- Ensure that individual technical solutions align with the overall architectural vision
- Act as the Enterprise Architect to define processes, and policies around system design, scalability, and security of solutions
- Help craft scalable, secure, and robust business processes and back them up with technology that can support them.
- Support multiple value streams and Agile squads with your team of Solution Architects and BSAs, leading their assigned squad
- Govern our internal application ecosystem and ensure that applications introduced into the environment meet their needs and own the sprawl of applications with overlapping functions
- Work with a technical writer and solution architects to build and maintain system documentation, including context and data flow diagrams, technical specifications, etc. as appropriate.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.