Technical Solutions Architect, US Commerical (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry!
Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Technical Solutions Architect. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will be based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners.
- Build product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in successfully selling the Cisco Meraki solution
- We highly use our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make excellent money while contributing to the success of the entire organization
Who You Are
Technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all level customers. Understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
Skills & Experience
- Experienced knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Experienced knowledge of REST APIs and a Python scripting
- Strong understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Consistent track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Strong relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related subject area desired
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.