Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Enterprise PMO team (part of Global Business Operations) with experience in leading technical and non-technical projects across multiple value streams. You will be tasked with managing initiatives within the Meraki Operations as well as coordinating work across teams and the broader Cisco. We are looking for a highly organized resource with solid experience in managing a variety of projects using standard waterfall/agile/hybrid agile project management methodologies and best practices. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly develop trusted relationships and dive into delivering existing projects as well as planning future ones. This is a great opportunity for you if you are motivated to grow in the technology project management space and make project planning and delivery more effective in an organization that is scaling for growth!
Meraki’s Operation team sits at the center of what we do at Meraki, with a mission to deliver services and solutions that enable Merakians around the world to do their best work. As part of our team, you will work closely with other teams throughout Meraki and Cisco to deliver work which enables productivity throughout our organization.
What you will do:
- Responsible for day to day program/project management oversight based on the portfolio governance structure used for agile value stream delivery across multiple strategic themes
- Providing indirect and direct people leadership along with coaching and mentoring junior team members or others requiring support
- Partner with other delivery leads to complete initial discovery, analysis, and scoping during project intake and obtain concept commit decision from stakeholders
- Partner with the subject matter experts to understand project requirements and drive cross-functional teams to deliver on analysis, audit, and remediation of for projects such as FedRAMP ATO, SOC Type 2, PCI, and ISO
- Facilitate conversations between technical and non-technical cross-functional teams around internal controls, information classification, and remediation planning
- Create baseline project plan by working with the functional delivery teams to understand the work breakdown structure for technical and non-technical deliverables (ie: User Story breakdown / Story Points) including determining level of resources (people, tools, funding) necessary to successfully meet project goals
- Use project collaboration tools (such as Jira Software) to capture and track project deliverable details (ie: User Stories)
- Prepare materials for and effectively facilitate project meetings such as Kick-Off, Weekly Status, and Portfolio Readouts at the project team and senior leadership level
- Proactively track key risk, action, issue, and decisions which have impacts on project outcomes
- Work closely with the scrum masters to ensure project work is flowing as planned through the delivery squads and support escalations
- Work with change management team to identify requirements and ensure appropriate level of support is provided throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure transparency and accuracy of project status information flowing through to project teams and stakeholders at all levels
What Skills And Experience You Possess:
- 5+ years of experience working in a project management and delivery environment using standard project management lifecycle methodologies, tools, and best practices
- 3+ years of experience in supporting business process definition, requirements analysis and design, and technical solution design activities
- 2+ years of experience in a transformational PMO environment with enterprise level software application implementation or integration required
- Experience with enterprise security, data governance, and privacy / information assurance is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficient at communication in written and oral form
- Able to navigate project outcomes through change and ambiguity
- Effective stakeholder management & conflict resolution skills
- Information Security Engineering or Technical/Engineering program management background is a plus
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), or related credentials required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification is a plus
- CISA, CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Who You Are:
- Motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment and easily adapts to change
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Maintain a positive attitude and respectful behavior even under pressure
- Enjoy working collaboratively across multiple organizations and external parties
- Promote diversity and inclusive behavior
- Eager to learn and grow!
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.