Product Manager - Cisco Wireless
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The Cisco Wireless team is seeking a Product Manager to support product management activities for our industry-leading wireless business which is 50% of the market-share in enterprise wireless. This team is responsible for both Cisco cloud managed and on prem wireless. In this role, you will be driving a wide number of high visibility initiatives, including but not limited to: evolving a winning product line strategy, building software differentiation, and ideating and executing on a strategy to develop adjacent product lines to create the next big disruption. You will actively contribute to building our vision for #simplicity while bringing together Wireless, security, AI, and intelligent API ecosystems. You will be instrumental in the expansion of our large campus wireless capabilities through collaboration with the various product teams for the extended Cisco/ Cisco Meraki portfolio (e.g., MS, MX, MV, MI, Dashboard, Catalyst, Switching, and ISE).
Cisco is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and customers to help ensure that we continue to have the best wireless product portfolio in the industry in addition to the Cisco #fullstack. You will develop technical expertise, deliver high-impact presentations, and have a real passion for evangelizing simplicity through cloud-first networking technology. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and collaborate with our exceptional sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure continued market adoption and rapid growth!
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, sincere passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of an innovative and inspiring team, are the tools you’ll need to be a Cisco Wireless Product Manager.
- Actively discover and prioritize Wi-Fi and enterprise network-related customer user stories and requirements
- Work with our best-in-class engineering team to build the right hardware platforms and software applications to address use cases
- Define product strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Assist, enable and train our growing sales team
- Serve as a technical resource and key strategic advisor for technical and business-related matters related to our wireless portfolio
We are looking for you, if you have
- A bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 5-7 years of work experience in Wi-Fi, networking, and related technologies (e.g. switching and security)
- Strong business background (ex: MBA, Product Management)
- A strong passion for data-driven decision-making in everything you do!
- Strong sense of Entrepreneurship, "can do" attitude, and ability and willingness to make an impact
- Leadership, with outstanding interpersonal skills capable of motivating and inspiring a diverse team
- Curiosity, with a love of new and emerging technologies in networking, security and cloud industry
- Customer empathy, with the critical thinking needed to ask the challenging questions
- Abstract thinking and ability to spot the patterns of high-value customer problems
- Ability to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words
- Experience in a customer-centric, cross-functional role, such as product manager, consulting systems engineer or technical marketing engineer
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.