Lead Full Stack Engineer (Dashboard Release - Rails, RSpec)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer on the Dashboard Release team, you will collaborate with Full Stack and DevOps engineers to design, plan, and build internal tooling. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools to help our engineers build and release the dashboard to configure and monitor network devices all over the world. Our engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
What you will do:
- Developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world.
- Collaborate with firmware engineers to design, plan, and build new core product features for our customers.
- With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
- Responsible for crafting and building some of the high impact technology projects.
- Involved in resolving some of the complex scale-related problems
- Accountable for the stability of our product with a high customer focus.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing engineering standard methodologies.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have 3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
- Have 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Have experience with customer-centric design
- Would thrive on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience or interest in networking
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.