Senior Manager, Technical Marketing Engineering - SASE
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Senior Manager of Technical Marketing Engineering (TME) for Cisco+ Secure Connect, Cisco’s Unified Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) Solution, will lead the team in its collaboration with Leadership, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams across the Security and Networking groups of Cisco and our customers to help shape the SASE strategy, capabilities, and experiences.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing, connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work on groundbreaking, cloud managed solutions.
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. Teaming up with forward-thinking product managers, engineers, designers, and delighted customers, you will help ensure we provide simple yet powerful ways to securely connect users to applications and deliver the outcomes expected of SASE. You will work closely with the Executive team to build a successful strategy and collaborate with our distinguished Sales, Marketing, and Partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your appetite for approaching problems with creative solutions, candid passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki product leader.
- Attract, build, and lead a diverse team of talented Technical Marketing Engineers (TME).
- Improve productivity by evolving the team structure to enable efficient execution of TME deliverables.
- Stay on top of industry trends and understand the market landscape.
- Work with senior PMs and TMEs to investigate feature/platform innovations that make valuable contributions to a broad range of customers.
- Thoughtfully assign incoming technical projects based on skills and availability, provide ongoing feedback, and remove roadblocks.
- Plan and track timelines for the team, ensuring efficient execution and communication to relevant partners and leadership when things change.
- Work alongside Engineering and PM to craft a feature development strategy that satisfies Cisco’s customers while maintaining the core principles of simplicity.
- Review and prioritize customer-reported bugs and critical issues as well as establish a plan to address them.
- Support Sales teams in strategic engagements.
- Drive development and creation of impactful technical collateral to better enable our support, sales engineers, customers, and partners.
- Evangelize the product and platform through participation in industry customer and partner events.
- Maintain a strong customer focus and drive a culture of sharing user and customer feedback with Engineering to build features that will have the biggest impact to customers.
- Meet with customers and prospects to share our vision and understand their needs.
- 5+ years of technical work experience in Cloud / SaaS within the cybersecurity space, and ideally with networking and security expertise.
- 3+ years of people management experience building, leading, and mentoring impactful teams.
- Self-starter who thrives and can multi-task in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communication skills; Can communicate complicated concepts to both internal and external technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills with experience operating in a cross-functional, matrixed function and environment.
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" approach, and the drive to make an impact.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with networking technologies.
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree.
- Deep passion for mentoring, coaching, and growing people.
Why Cisco Meraki?
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.