Sr. Hardware Design Engineer, Quality & Sustaining
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a Senior Hardware Design Engineer who will be part of our HW Quality & Sustaining team. Collaborating internal HW Engineering teams and JDM Manufacturing partners, you will help intercept quality issues around our products.
We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an awesome office, stocked full of food and drinks.
Your work will involve:
- Reviewing and helping define quality test standards during hardware development to minimize quality issues.
- Reviewing hardware design specifications
- Reviewing EVT and DVT reports from JDM partners
- Follow-up on RMA trends to improve the hardware development process.
- Using strong technical expertise to support challenging sustaining issues.
- Collaborating with the Manufacturing team to improve the production process.
- Leverage your strong design experience to insert quality earlier into the hardware development process.
- Evaluate/Review design (e.g. schematics, lay-outs, test plans & test results, etc.) to improve quality.
- Use your design experience during EVT, DVT and pilot production to help ensure a good quality product.
- Audit/Evaluate JDM hardware development processes to ensure they are producing a quality product.
- Work with JDM on continuous improvement of their hardware development process.
- Evaluate JDM manufacturing corrective actions for possible design improvement opportunities.
- BSEE or equivalent in experience
- 10+ years doing PCBA/Hardware Design
- 10+ years doing EVT and DVT
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with POE circuits/power supply in design
- Experience with Asia JDM hardware development/manufacturing
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.