Logistics Operations Analyst, Chicago (Hybrid)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
This role requires you to be local to Chicago, IL and come into our office downtown at least 2 days a week.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. - Position does not provide sponsorship
Cisco Meraki is searching for a Logistics Operations Analyst to join our Operations team in Chicago! As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. We also understand on a personal level, by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Are you ready to join the team?
As our new Logistics Operations Analyst, you will support the shipping needs of customers, sales, and operations teams, and facilitate the flow of shipments to customers! You have high attention to detail and enjoy making sure everything is in flawless order. You have excellent problem-solving abilities and a hard-working demeanor that makes you happy to come to work every single day. Finally, you love a challenge and you are ready to take on new obstacles and help build our outstanding operations team.
What You Will Do:
- Handle allocation of orders and transmission to the distribution center.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to support the fulfillment of outbound orders.
- Own shared Meraki's shipping email inbox.
- Troubleshoot orders in ERP and Middleware AKA transmission systems.
- Lead daily communications with 3PL
- Craft daily internal and 3PL reconciliation reports
- Work with carriers to resolve domestic and international shipping challenges
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. - Position does not provide sponsorship
- 1 - 2 years experience working with a fulfillment warehouse and/or a logistics team preferred.
- Experience with shipping, carriers, and forwarders.
- Excellent organization and communications skills (phone, email, meetings).
- MS Excel skills are required (pivots, basic formulas, and VLOOKUP).
- Experience with Salesforce, Dynamics GP, or other CRM, ERP, and WMS systems preferred.
- Strong proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- BS or BA degree is required.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.