Lead Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Network
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Meraki cloud supports millions of customer devices from 10 data centers around the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving billions of HTTP requests per day globally. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras.
As SREs at Meraki, we are responsible for building and growing the cloud that supports these customers and their networks. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on supporting a specific, highly available, and very secure production environment. You will analyze the reliability of our environments, use your networking and coding skills to improve the way we operate, and debug complex events as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Example projects of a Network SRE:
- Designing and implementing AWS network architectures for a hybrid cloud environment, including VPCs, Transit Gateway, and Direct Connect.
- Optimizing AWS networking performance and cost by using AWS-native services and tools.
- Improving agility by automating endpoint network connectivity within AWS environments.
- Crafting best-in-class connectivity solutions by abstracting network functions from hardware.
- Full-stack troubleshooting of production issues (application, system, and network) through to root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures.
- Design, implementation and management of an overlay network to support 1000’s of containers.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Can demonstrate experience in designing, deploying and operating mid to large scale enterprise or cloud environments.
- Feel comfortable with scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Go, Python, or Bash
- Know your way around *nix systems and have interests that span beyond routers and switches
- Daringly jump into other people's solutions and source code to seek a problem.
- Like to Automate all the things!
- You care and empathise about the customer experience and can support an externally-facing production environment.
- Are passionate about building complex solutions working alongside other engineering teams
- Empathize with coworkers, and are a positive influence on others.
- Bonus points for experience with: Network Security, BGP, OSPF, IPv6, TCP BBR, DMVPN, IPSec, MACSec, NMS, Unix/Linux, system administration, scripting/Bash/Ruby/Python, project management experience, AWS/Azure, Docker, K8s, SDN/Openstack/Openflow, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, REST/SOAP APIs, TLS or Cloud/ISP/Telco exposure.
Keywords: Network Engineering, Production Engineering, SRE, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.