Engineering Program Manager, NPI/Quality Sustaining
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed team in the world, our product and technology architecture is changing the landscape of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking an Engineering Program Manager to support cross-functional development programs within NPI & Quality Sustaining.
The Engineering Program Manager will closely with our Software Engineering, Product Management, and across business units to support products through all phases of product development. Our goal is to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Drive NPI cross-functional programs for the HW Program Management Organization
- Build, coordinate, and lead project plans for key initiatives, including execution and tracking of program results, achievements, action items, dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to understand and realization of business goals and priorities.
- Weekly project reporting and crafting executive briefings to update senior leaders and partners.
- Prepare project status reports and executive briefings for various stakeholder groups
- Adhere to metrics and governance for Meraki’s process and drive process improvements
- Understand Quality Test Standards to minimize design quality issues.
- Understand quality metrics, supervise production quality, and work with JDM partners to drive continuous improvement.
- Supervise RMA initiatives and drive corrective action back through manufacturing as necessary.
- Support sustaining support for products through to the end of life.
- Track redesign projects on products in sustaining
- A top-tier Project Management who can execute sophisticated initiatives optimally with high-value outcomes, stakeholder engagement and alignment, and seamless change management and communication.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, organized, and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- A great collaborator, with strong communication and writing skills.
- Take initiative and be comfortable trying new things, making suggestions, and getting excited about driving important work in partnership with leadership.
- Judicious, trustworthy, and respectful of confidential information.
- Skillful in defining success, setting measurable goals, prioritizing, and driving the right outcomes for the Technical Program Management Team is key to success.
- Experience with Software, Hardware, Embedded, Networking, and Cloud technologies or products.
- Experience working with tools such as Excel, Gantt charts, Jira, Wrike, Confluence, Google Docs, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, lead, and deliver on simultaneous projects/deliverables under deadline pressure.
- Curiosity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- Willingness to tackle new and different challenges with a positive demeanor and perseverance.
- Experience supporting senior leadership managing large teams, including developing, launching, and maintaining team rituals and setting agendas for and running team meetings.
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining management processes, training curricula, and related programs.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.