Senior Product Security Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most important to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and intelligent with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. As a member of our firmware security team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Meraki users all around the world. Our device firmware is built on Linux and open-source software. We work individually and in small teams to release several new products each year.
At Meraki, teams work on an exciting array of groundbreaking technologies from artificial intelligence & machine learning to desktop agents, to container orchestration in the cloud and within IoT device firmware. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and innovative resources of a larger company to change cloud-based networking as we know it. We are confident you will love it here!
As a Senior Product Security Engineer, you will:
- Build critical security features spanning our entire product portfolio ranging from secure storage, resilient device on-boarding, and embedded Linux security solutions
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to design, review, and develop solutions that provide customers with trustworthy products
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on trusted computing security features such as secure boot, cryptographic accelerators, and tamper protection features
- Contribute to security requirements and technical guidelines for new products and vendor engagements
- Provide guidance and training to internal teams and partners on security standards.
- Monitor and triage incoming product security issues from our public bug bounty program
- Influence security-by-design concepts for new and mature products
You are an ideal candidate if:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or 7+ years of related work experience
- Have 5+ years of experience in hardware security, embedded system security, authentication and security protocols, PKI, cryptography and cryptographic protocols.
- Have experience performing source code-enabled security assessments, root cause, and adjacency analysis in C/C++, Golang, Rust, and Ruby.
- Comfortable with secure development lifecycle practices such as security requirements, architecture review, threat modeling, code review, SAST, DAST etc
- Strong communication skills, particularly written communication
Bonus points for:
- Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
- Experience implementing various Defense in Depth Strategies to address dynamic threats across various software and hardware stacks
- Experience employing security controls within embedded build systems
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.