Senior Software QA Engineer (Hybrid)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
About the team
The team is responsible for verification and validation activities for both the MV camera & MT product lines. We are quality assurance and test automation engineers, that together, devise testing strategies to improve the customer experience. All members of the team are responsible for developing automated tests and maintaining them. We help our product development teams deliver with high quality and confidence by partnering with them early in the development process. And finally, we fill a substantial role in representing the needs of the customer in the early phases of the product development lifecycle.
At Meraki, we are passionate about building real products that our customers love! We believe in encouraging a positive environment by hiring, mentoring, and empowering inquisitive, effective, low ego people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup atmosphere. We are confident you will love it here!
What you will do:
- Support R&D, NPI, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Design verification plans, testing strategies, plans, and test cases.
- Build metrics to assess product and process quality.
- Deliver quality assessments, reports and insights at both feature and product level. Maintain and supervise quality dashboards.
- Analyze and verify product requirements.
- Collaborate with development to reproduce issues and perform root cause analysis. Identify, report and verify defects.
- Develop and maintain automated tests in partnership with the test automation team.
- Setup and maintain test beds in our test lab.
- Document procedures and measure their efficiency.
- Identify and take action to implement continuous improvement plans.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools.
- 8+ experience driving development and execution of V&V activities.
- 3+ years of test automation experience.
- Practical experience testing embedded systems and IoT devices.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes.
- A track record of delivering results and improving outcomes.
- Experience with configuring and monitoring Linux systems using command line tools. Understands computer networking.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Effective communication skills and a positive can-do demeanor!
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.