Senior Engineer, Full Stack Engineer
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Senior Full Stack Engineer, Remote available within US or Canada
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most relevant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and more thoughtful with technology that simply works. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our web applications, which leads millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki Dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
We're looking for a Full Stack Tech Lead Engineer to join us - the Security and SD-WAN product dashboard team. You'll be part of the team that develops cutting edge networking and security solutions on a cloud-based platform in a high-impact and fast-paced environment. Your contributions will drive the direction and success of our frontend and backend codebase. You will apply your experience to influence the way our users interact with our software to solve complex problems with a focus on simplicity and usability.
What you will do:
- Take a leading role in designing and implementing highly scalable next-generation dashboard applications for Meraki.
- Demonstrate innovation, mentorship, and coaching skills, while staying informed and passionate about emerging opportunities in the field.
- Solve complex scaling challenges to ensure a seamless user experience and high uptime.
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in our web application.
- Lead by example as an architect, actively participating in the development of systems alongside the team.
- Give significantly to production code and provide guidance to junior engineers through code reviews.
- Apply advanced development skills for problem-solving, debugging, and solving.
- Collaborate with firmware engineers, UX designers, and product managers to design, iterate, and implement new security and SD-WAN features within the Meraki Dashboard for our customers.
- Act as a technical leader, assisting other specialists in making architectural design decisions and promoting engineering Methodologies.
- Cultivate unity among team members, motivating them to perform at their best.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests
- Have 3 + years of shown experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
- Have 3 +years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.
- Skilled in building large-scale web applications and distributed services either from scratch or by evolving existing systems.
- Experience working on large scale systems
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership throughout the entire development process, from conception to production release, by effectively influencing and collaborating with teams.
- Thrive in a small engineering team environment and enjoy solvin open-ended challenges across different layers of the technology stack.
- Display strong leadership skills as an individual contributor and aspire to grow into a tech lead role.
- Exhibit passion for your work and have the ability to inspire and motivate those around you.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres.
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).
- Experience or interest in security or networking
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.