Future Opportunity: Data Engineer
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
As the leader in cloud-managed IT, Cisco Meraki connects passionate people to their mission by simplifying the digital workplace. Our impact is driven by the innovative, purposeful, and vibrant people who make up our inclusive community. When technology is intuitive, our customers can focus on what matters.
We are building a network of future Merakians who are excited by our mission & culture and want to make an impact in their next role. We would like to hear from you if you are interested in being considered for future career opportunities with us.
To be considered for future roles, please submit your resume. When a position is available that matches your background and skill set, we will reach out to you.
Please note this job posting is currently not open and is intended to advertise future job opportunities.
About the role
The Data Science Infrastructure team is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development and alignment on our business strategy. We are looking for a Data Engineer to develop cross-functional relationships and work closely with data engineering and data science teams to drive near and long term initiatives to improve our product and customer experience. This would be an outstanding fit for a solution-oriented technical pro who is hands-on, has the ability to work autonomously, and can drive technical efforts building robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions. In near real time, Cisco Meraki collects massive amounts of data from its devices all over the world. We collect nearly 6 million data points each second (~50B events per day). In this role, you will analyze raw data, develop and maintain datasets, and improve data quality and efficiency. You will also help scale our systems to handle ever increasing amounts of data points and requests.
What Will You Do
- Collaborate with several teams(product and non product) within Cisco Meraki to understand their data requirements and requests.
- Build systems that process raw data from multiple sources, and create intuitive and interesting insights for our customers.
- Analyze raw data, develop and maintain datasets, improve data quality, lineage, and efficiency.
- Conduct complex data analysis and prepare report summarizing results
- Maintain and improve quality of data warehouse to serve data needs at Cisco Meraki.
What Skills You Posses
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- Experience in designing, implementing, and debugging ETL pipelines in a distributed system, preferably working with large data sets.
- Good understanding of SQL, including experience working with one or more relational databases and data warehouse (e.g., MySQL or Snowflake).
- 4+ years of experience writing professional production level code and tests.
- 2+ years of experience in Python, Java, and scripting languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with AWS or Google cloud environments.
- Experience with reporting tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau.
- Experience or a desire to lead technical decisions and design discussions.
- Experience or willing to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.