FUTURE OPPORTUNITY: Software Engineering Manager , Full Stack - Remote , U.S. and Canada
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
As the leader in cloud-managed IT, Cisco Meraki connects passionate people to their mission by simplifying the digital workplace. Our impact is driven by the innovative, purposeful, and vibrant people who make up our inclusive community. When technology is intuitive, our customers can focus on what matters.
We are building a network of future Merakians who are excited by our mission & culture and want to make an impact in their next role. We would like to hear from you if you are interested in being considered for future career opportunities with us.
To be considered for future roles, please submit your resume. When a position is available that matches your background and skill set, we will reach out to you.
Please note this job posting is currently not open and is intended to advertise future job opportunities.
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki’s Dashboard. We operate across Meraki’s entire product line, from firewalls, switches, and wireless routers to security cameras and application analytics. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
In this role you will lead a 6-8 person team of software engineers of varying skill levels. You will provide architectural leadership, review designs, and prioritize the growth and development of your team members. You will be a strong mentor, cultivating an encouraging environment where your team can do their best work. You will enable a highly productive relationship among product management, design, and engineering.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional growth of everyone on the team.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering teams.
- Be responsible for growing the team, retaining talent, and providing technical direction and career development opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineers across product teams to architect features that delight our customers.
- Working with senior engineers on your team to determine the direction of Dashboard’s API. Rapidly growing it to enable large customers to take advantage of Meraki features at an enormous scale, locally and globally.
- Leading the team to develop a framework that ensures Dashboard works well in multiple languages. The challenge is maintaining high-quality translations through the use of automation and developer tools so that ongoing developer involvement is minimal.
- Foster a culture of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of proven ability building systems that maintain a balance between time to market, usability, and incurring appropriate technical debt.
- Have experience writing code for large-scale production environments.
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand the business necessity of schedules, estimates, and roadmaps.
- Have experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or Angular, and modern web frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django.
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Mentoring individuals at different stages of their career
- Building and managing Public APIs
- Working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams
- Data analytics systems
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.