Escalations Engineer - Security & SD/WAN
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Escalations Team at Cisco Meraki is hiring. We are looking forward to welcoming applications qualified individuals who are technology enthusiasts and love problem-solving.
We are a team that serves as the last point of technical escalation. We lead complex and critical network problems to resolution when these issues cannot be resolved through the normal support process. Forget monotony with a new network challenge every single day! We strive for the highest quality of technical expertise and are empowered to use resources and get creative with our problem solving. Caring deeply for our customers and collaboration are second nature for us. We are uniquely positioned to get customer, support, and sales perspectives to improve product serviceability.
When the situation calls for, we may have to travel for 10-15% of the time
- Be the technical resolution owner and voice of authority representing Cisco Meraki support
- Review the reported issue and work with support to ensure the problem is accurately scoped.
- Analyze data and provide the next steps
- Create and implement plans to replicate customer issues to expedite resolution
- Navigate the technical and political conversations
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to report, remediate issues while advocating for the customer
- Work with members across departments to effectively resolve issues
- Use the knowledge gained to contribute to the knowledge base via documents and training
We encourage and value your professional development. Plan and use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself. This may look like this:
- Choosing and specializing in Cisco Meraki Products and technologies of interest
- Focusing on certifications and programming languages
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Learning the latest on networking industry standards and competitor solutions
- Exploring new tools and investigating advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have 2-3 years of experience working with security technologies such as Layer 3, layer 4 firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, SDWAN
- You have experience with basic routing and switching, routing protocols BGP and OSPF.
- You have troubleshooting experience with security devices , technologies and protocols
- You have familiarity with Meraki MX devices and Cisco devices is preferred. Knowledge of additional products in this domain is a plus
- You have associate-level certification such as CCNA, CCNA-Security preferred
- You have experience identifying and handling critical issues
- You are proficient in customer service and stakeholder management
- You are adept at taking charge and navigating difficult conversations
- You have recorded documentation efforts
- You are proficient in solving network issues and are a good problem solver
Why Cisco Meraki
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.