Mixed Methods Researcher Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world and one of the highest performing acquisitions in Cisco’s history, our products and technology architecture are changing the approach to enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to take the lead in establishing our research practice, lead research and experience strategy projects, and mentor others around research methodologies.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on cultivating the growth and development of everyone we hire. On the UX team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. As a Lead UX Researcher, you will be key in helping bring further definition to our UX research practice.
Our team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Led complex, mixed-method research initiatives to help companies to discover and tackle problems
- Skilled in listening to and helping product owners, partners, and other team members
- Have 2+ years of experience managing a small team
- An effective verbal and written communication style to distill complex research results into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights
- A self-starter - you don’t wait for orders and identify what we need to learn and find the answers
- Are adaptable, resilient, and welcome change
- Have a growth mentality - you are continually learning
- Bring energy, empathy, and a sense of humor to the office every day
Your day to day:
- This is a hybrid role that requires the person to lead research in a focus area and manage a small team of researchers
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, along with managing a small team of researchers
- Synthesize findings into models, stories, and frameworks that help teams take action on insights
- Cultivate, mentor and be responsible for your team’s professional growth.
- Help manage, grow, and scale our team.
- Set the tone for the team to foster an inclusive, diverse, collaborative environment.
- Set and raise the bar for excellence by providing feedback regularly to team members on their projects
- Work with design, product management, and engineering partners to identify the right projects for research to have the greatest impact
- Work to understand the complex needs of IT administrators and collaborate with a cross-functional team to build empathy for our users.
- Lead, coach, and collaborate with others on generative and evaluative research efforts
- Take initiative to help formalize a research practice on a growing UX team (e.g., identify tools, establish standards and templates, refine process)
- Develop and execute on a plan for research operations which includes scheduling, screening, and communicating with research participants, and maintaining a customer and non-customer participant list
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduate degree with a focus on Psychology, Sociology, Research Methods, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or similar
- At least 6 years experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques such as 1:1 interviews, co-creation sessions, diary studies, surveys, usability testing
- Expertise in statistical analysis, should be familiar with techniques such as ANOVA, regression analysis
- Experience with analytics tools such as Qualtrics, Usertesting.com, Google Analytics, and FullStory
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.