Manager, SRE Pipelines (Engineering Enablement) - Remote
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and simpler with technology that just works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki’s Dashboard. We operate across Meraki’s entire product line, from firewalls, switches, and wireless routers to security cameras and application analytics. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
The SRE Pipelines Team, part of the SRE Engineering Enablement org is responsible for building and running automated, fast, and reliable CI platforms and Dev Environments that allow our 1200+ engineers to test, build, deploy, and observe all of the services and infrastructure used by Meraki. Meraki's high growth rate means our processes and tooling must be highly scalable and efficient. The primary goal of this team is to enable our engineering team's work to be as joyful and efficient as possible by simplifying their user-experience. Happy engineers are productive engineers and we are striving to transform our toolchain to apply the best of modern DevOps tools tooling and practices, bringing to bear open source and best-in-class platforms wherever possible.
As a manager at Meraki, you will guide architectural leadership, teach good code review and design practices, and focus relentlessly on quality and automation. You will link your team's goals to the wider organization by telling stories that empower and inspire. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing a collaborative and diverse environment where your team can do their best work. You will have opinions about the direction of engineering at Meraki, and will directly contribute to the rapid evolution of our platform.
- Build a respectful, inclusive, and impactful team culture.
- Be an advocate for SRE and DevOps practices within your own team and across the wider engineering organization. Build tight links with other teams that consume your services, and agree on metrics to measure performance. Work with other engineering managers to grow our culture of automation, excellence, and reliability.
- Lead the team and hold regular one-on-ones; ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning. Grow staff into tech leads or managers, according to their chosen track.
- Helping your team navigate between in-house solutions and open source products; striking a balance between self-learning, formal training, conferences, and commercial support.
- Be an advocate for security standards and quality in the tools and processes that your team develops.
You Are an Ideal Candidate If You:
- Are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best.
- Have a software engineering background or an Infrastructure/SRE background. (Background in containerization is a big plus.)
- Have experience leading teams that are tasked with owning and building CI platforms and pipelines (ex. GitLab, Jenkins, Git, Teamcity, etc) and tools for large engineering organizations (1200+ engineers).
- Familiarity with DORA and SPACE published DevOps measurement metrics.
- Have inspired and guided teams to significant improvements and evolution in developer efficiency through automation and tooling using a bottom-up prioritization/planning process.
- Have formal project management qualifications, or experience successfully coordinating large, multi-team projects.
- Believe that development and operations are best carried out in close co-operation; all our teams are developers, and own what they create.
Keywords: SRE, Site Reliability Engineering, Engineering Enablement, Release Engineering, Developer Tools, Software Engineering, GitLab, GitHub, CI/CD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Athena
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.