Senior Full Stack Engineer - Inventory & Planning
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Senior Full Stack Engineer, Onboarding & Inventory
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customers’ lives.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams who strive to create great experiences that balance Meraki Dashboard’s feature-rich abilities and its simplicity to use. You’ll be developing the experiences that power the customer onboarding journey (claiming devices, managing your network, planning your system). Our full-stack engineers are well-versed in a wide array of CS concepts and are excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Onboarding & Inventory team is a new team responsible for unifying the customer onboarding and inventory management experience. This includes modernizing the order and inventory management experience, working with our user research and user experience partners to learn what makes onboarding to the Meraki Dashboard joyful, and working with cross-organizational stakeholders to unify the claim experience for any device or product across Cisco.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take a leading role in designing and implementing highly scalable next-generation dashboard applications for Meraki.
- Demonstrate innovation, mentorship, and coaching skills, while staying informed and passionate about emerging opportunities in the field.
- Solve complex scaling challenges to ensure a seamless user experience and high uptime.
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in our web application.
- Lead by example as a hands-on architect, actively participating in the development of systems.
- Contribute significantly to production code and provide guidance to junior engineers through code reviews.
- Utilize advanced development skills for problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with other engineers, UX designers, and product managers to design, iterate, and implement new features within the Meraki Dashboard for our customers.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- Experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go
- Experience in building rich web UIs with React and Redux
- Can implement efficient database design in a relational database (we use Postgres)
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new and sophisticated features and experiences
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working in inventory management or payments focused teams
- Experience or interest in engineering management
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).
- Experience or interest in security or networking
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.