Director - Global Account Development
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission and reach groups previously left in the darkness. Since day one, our mission has been to help IT teams do away with time-consuming, unnecessarily complex tasks so they can focus on the work that really matters.
Are you a self-starter who can multitask, learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, deadline and detail-oriented environment? We are seeking a Director - Global Account Development to partner with our Global Sales Team working cross-functionally with internal Operations, Finance, and Support teams, along with external prospects, customers, and technology partners. As a Cisco Meraki Director - Global Account Development, you will be involved in supporting and transforming a fast growing sales team while continuing to build a best in class Sales Support and Administration team.
- Oversee the Global Sales Administration and the Global ADR team in close partnership with Regional Leaders
- Interview, hire, train, develop, and coach leadership team
- Drive new process, projects and initiatives while creating annual goals and OKRs
- Plan, assign, and direct work. Includes prioritizing requests, estimating work efforts, defining milestones and timelines, and managing resources accordingly
- Sales Leadership collaboration / liaison and team champion
- Team Structuring (forecasting, budgeting, new roles and team organization)
- Volume and headcount forecasting
- Lead generation and sales support for upmarket
- Cross-functional engagement with Operations, Finance, Support, Logistics and Channel in resolving the needs of prospects, customers, and technology partners
- Maintain sales procedures, processes, compliance and CRM database integrity
- Candid and communicative. You are an effective and timely communicator with all stakeholders. You understand what is needed of them and clearly instructs others providing purpose, direction, goals, and measures
- Creative. You can see a problem from different perspectives. You love to experiment, solicit feedback, and learn from each iteration. You continue to evolve by following trends and brainstorming with the team to get those creative juices flowing
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of others. You invite and act on different points of view. You quickly establish trusting relationships
- Organized and comfortable with change. You sweat the details and plan for contingencies. You are flexible, like thinking on your feet, and can adjust for the unexpected. With your excellent organizational skills, you are timely with communication and meet deadlines (even with some extra days to spare!)
- Able to Disagree, Decide, and Commit. You listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction
- Trustworthy. You commit to earning our team’s trust everyday through your actions, leadership and transparency
- 4+ years of lead or supervisor experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience within a sales support or customer service role
- Strong understanding of a sales process
- Can project manage process improvement initiatives from fruition to execution
- Ability to think globally and strategically, then roll up sleeves to execute
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and solve problems independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication; you are comfortable making recommendations to leadership
- Flexibility to conduct and attend meetings across different time zones globally
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite required and Salesforce.com preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, highly energetic, professional and adaptable
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast paced team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills across multiple communication mediums
Life at Cisco Meraki: Work How You Feel Most Empowered
Our hybrid work model prioritizes work-life balance by offering employees the flexibility and autonomy to work outside of the office, or in-person with their team. We believe that if employees work how they feel most empowered, everyone benefits, including our customers.
We offer exciting benefits and perks, including Paid-Time-Off (PTO), Volunteer-Time-Off (VTO), and on-site health and wellness opportunities, among many other perks. Our goal is to support the whole you.
To learn more about benefits and perks offered at Cisco Meraki click here.
Need to be authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.