Tech Leader (SDET - Cloud Monitoring)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
About Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We're making networking easier, faster, and more thoughtful with technology that simply works.
About the Team
The Cloud Monitoring team is responsible for bringing Meraki Dashboard features to the Cisco Catalyst family of switches and wireless products. The QA team builds and runs any and all software and hardware tests to ensure that new releases meet our quality and reliability standards. We are looking for a Senior QA engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are.
*** Please note that this position requires that you commute to a Bay Area office (San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA) and the preference is that you work onsite 2 days per week. ***
About the Role
As a hands-on Technical Leader, you will be responsible for improving the overall quality of deliverables for Cloud Monitoring. You will bring a system design approach to quality engineering and testing.
What You Will Do
- Architect and complete test plans and testbeds to support Cloud Monitoring products and features, by participating in engineering teams' sprints
- Collaborate with Software teams (Platform, Features, etc.) as well as Hardware and Product Management teams to develop reliable and scalable testing processes for existing and upcoming products and software features
- Provide technical leadership across the larger Cloud Monitoring team: weighing in on testing and quality priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance in scoping out their projects
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience with driving quality for cloud-connected hardware devices preferably networking devices
- Have proven experience in crafting software quality metrics and driving system-level test plans with automation and scalability in mind
Bonus Points For
- Working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks
- Experience with leading/contributing to production operations (CI/CD, on-call, monitoring/alerting, incident postmortems)
- Experience or willingness to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that outstanding engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
As a Cisco Meraki Employee, you can expect
- A supportive and fun environment and a team that values your contributions
- A lot of opportunities for professional and personal growth via employee-led groups. Check out one of our groups — Women of Meraki on Twitter and Instagram
- Actionable and candid feedback regularly following Radical Candor
- Delicious catered meals every day fully-stocked kitchens and all-you-can-eat snacks
- Paid time off to volunteer, and much more
Life at Cisco Meraki
We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We are confident you will love it here!
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond where you will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, and catered lunches every day, and we offer a generous benefits package to all of our Merakians.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.