Senior Software Developer (Full Stack)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of data analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. Our Executive Team includes a deep slate of experienced talent who built and scaled startups to 100x mm in revenue.
We're looking for special individuals who have a mix of strong software engineering fundamentals, who are extremely resourceful, who take ownership, who are strong communicators, and most importantly folks who are really fun to work with.
We're building a highly complex analytics web product, which requires a deep and comprehensive understanding of modern, dynamic web development across both front and back end.
If you're a self-starter who is maniacal about shipping high-quality, reliable software, who cares deeply about the architecture, code quality, and performance of your code, and who can do this while moving fast and shipping at a steady pace this role may be for you. We're hiring A players. We have an incredible opportunity in front of us and a team moving at a breakneck pace. We are looking for people who can help us build this foundation for future employees, so we can kick into an even higher gear.
🛠 You will
- Ship clean, reliable software at a steady pace.
- Contribute to the foundational architecture of the product and build a robust set of libraries that will scale as we grow the team to dozens of engineers.
- Document and clearly communicate your code to the rest of the team.
- Work directly with the product manager to rapidly experiment with new features and collect customer feedback.
- Engage in wonderful arguments with the rest of the team to identify key problems, and brainstorm ways to tackle them.
- Help institute best practices for a growing web development team.
- Help us hire more fantastic Full Stack Engineers! Ideally, you come with a network of great peers you want to hire.
👩💻 You Have
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Developer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable fundamentals of computer science and software engineering. You should be able to turn complex, abstract problems into clean, reusable components and scalable backend services.
- Have extensive experience rapidly shipping and testing high-quality, scalable, reliable products in a production environment while working in Agile Software Development cycle.
- Expert improving FE, BE performance, build caching strategies,
- Experience API building with REST and Microservices using NodeJS and Python
- Strong knowledge of Databases such as Postgres, Prisma (ORM), migrations
- Automated E2E testing with Cypress is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of the principles of scalable application design
- Experience implementing analytics and Devops tools on SaaS platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Be a wicked fast programmer - you need to be able to code as fluently as you speak English.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation
- If you need more details, let us know during your application.
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.