Director, Data and Technology Consulting
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of data analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. We've raised 6mm to pursue this goal, and our Executive Team, advisors and investors includes a deep slate of experienced talent who built and scaled startups to 100x mm in revenue.
As Director, Data and Technology Consulting, you will play a key role in leading and building our Data Consulting, Analysis & Customer Solutions function. As our first Director, Data & Technology Consulting, this is a unique opportunity to work directly with the executive team and have a significant impact on how we work with customers, from onboarding to technical discussions to data analysis. You will bridge the gap between technology and business teams to ensure the smooth delivery of customer projects.
You will report directly to the CEO and lead three teams: data engineering, strategy and operations and customer success that support analytical and technical conversations with our customers. You will manage our customer setup, onboarding and client management process. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure customers achieve success and have a best in class experience with Comparative. You will act as an intermediary between the customer and engineering, product and data science, while simultaneously ensuring high customer adoption and satisfaction with Comparative. A successful Director, Data & Technology Consulting will be an excellent project manager and communicator, act as a customer advocate, be creative in developing solutions for customers and leveraged to ensure customer retention and growth. You will enjoy the challenge of complex environments/programs, being able to break up large ambiguous problems into actionable steps to successfully deliver in line with business and customer expectations.
🛠 You will
1. Support Sales Processes
- Create Technical Sales Enablement Materials
- Manage the process of Mockup Reports setup for prospects and for ICPs
- Serve as Solutions Architect and supporting sales team on closing deals
2. Customer onboarding and training
- Project manage the onboarding process of new customers and manage three teams: data engineering, strategy and operations and customer success. Replace any of three elements if needed while onboarding customers
- Lead initial scoping and kick off calls to understand customers’ goals, set up timeline, identify use cases, analyze their data storage resources, gather requirements to set up scalable and replicable process
- Map out client’s BI needs for our new customers: user attributes, metrics, breakdowns, segments
- Map out the data collection strategy for new customers
- Manage the process of connecting to client’s data or third-party tools and setting up Comparative dashboards
- Lead customer facing calls through the onboarding process and support Customer Success in ongoing client management and quarterly business reviews as needed
- Lead the process of improving our Help Center and Knowledge Base materials for current customers
- Achieve targets on customer satisfaction
3. Perform daily and weekly analysis
- Present weekly decks to clients and eventually train strategy and operations team to take over external customer data analysis
- Manage strategy and operations team and develop a deep understanding of customers’ business and key metrics for our ICP industries with the goal of advising them on how best to satisfy their data business use cases with Comparative that can be scaled and adapted for new customers
- Advise and manage strategy and operations team on the process of preparing analytics presentations for the customer meetings based on Comparative reports to uncover “the why” behind changes in their business
- Advise and manage strategy and operations team on the investigation and collection of the right information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills, and then assemble and visualize findings in a digestible way
4. Regularly improvement and debug reports
- Develop deep understanding of data sources to understand how the customer is using the data
- Work directly with customers and manage data engineering team to research, troubleshoot, and resolve technical solutions/issues in a timely manner, and effectively escalating to Data, Product and Engineering teams as required
- Collect, analyze and act on customer engagement data and set up the alerts system that will help effectively to manage teams involved in Customer Solutions function
5. Identify new opportunities and manage expansion into new teams with new reports
- Manage strategy and operations team in driving value for customers by identifying new attributes, metrics, breakdowns, and segments for dashboards
- Partner with Customer Success to achieve targets on renewals, expansion, and upsells
6. Project management of all other contributors
- Communicate with Engineering, Data and Product Teams and find balance to advocate for customers’ needs in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
👩💻 You Have
- BA Eng., Data Science or Information Systems
- Experience as a Data and Technology Consulting Manager or Lead
- Proven track record working with senior customer leaders, including “C” level executives
- Proven customer facing experience in technical consulting: managing end to end technology delivery of projects from requirements through to implementation
- Demonstrated ability to document and analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Fluent in English with strong experience delivering technical presentations to business and technical audiences.
- Experience at a SaaS company
- Familiarity with SQL programming language
- Technical background, with experience in data structure and data optimization design and experience using tools across the entire data stack
- Experience in forming and leading a highly effective team of technical and analytical resources
- Experience in implementing executive level dashboards
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Services)
- Entrepreneurial drive, energetic and willing attitude with a passion for being a part of a fast-growing SaaS companies
- You are analytical. With your spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills you can complete meaningful data analysis: collect the right information and then assemble, visualize, and investigate the information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills
- You are technical. You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize customers’ requests and you are familiar with coding, programming, and developing as well as you have a comprehensive understanding of working with data and integrated tools
- You are a team player. Teamwork makes the dream work. Fill gaps. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.” You relish working in a fast-paced, excellence-driven team and you are ready to broaden your horizons and help other team members.
- You have strong communication skills. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution
- You are a Self-Starter. Don’t wait for permission. Figure it out — or figure out who can. Handle projects from start to finish. In other words, you’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
- Intelligence. Fast learner with a desire to absorb new information.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation
- If you need more details, let us know during your application.
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.