Head of Marketing
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of data analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. We've raised 6mm to pursue this goal, and our Executive Team, advisors and investors includes a deep slate of experienced talent who built and scaled startups to 100x mm in revenue.
The Head of Marketing will be the first marketing hire at Comparative. This person will set the company’s marketing strategy and will be critical in leading marketing and growth activities across the entire organization, including demand generation, content development, SEO/SEM, brand positioning and more. We are looking for a marketer who is a jack of all trades with experience in growth phase SaaS companies and data analytics products. The Head of Marketing will work closely with sales and product to build a pipeline that supports our revenue goals.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be working closely with the Sales and Technology Team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy, demand generation and funnel optimization, growth experimentation, content, branding and positioning, and owning the success of customer journey.
🛠 You will
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan and ultimately make a measurable impact on revenue growth and own key metrics on the success of this plan.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Product to develop a strong pipeline of opportunities. Track and report pipeline key performance metrics and use this data to optimize campaign strategies.
- Manage and oversee marketing budget allocation and optimize Marketing Return on Investment
- Work close with the Sales Leadership team to develop and manage the Revenue/Sales Playbook
- Generate Sales qualified inbound leads (in to addition to the leads generated by SDR team)
- Develop the company's data-driven, demand generation strategy and channels to drive new business, as well as expand the existing customer base.
- Develop creative strategies to build an echo chamber of influencers and industry experts talking about our solution
- Lead SEO and SEM, through optimizing copy and content across landing pages and collateral
- Propose growth experiments, oversee their implementation, collect data from each experiment and share results with the team to develop a strong strategy.
- Establish Comparative as the next generation of analytics solutions and a significant leap forward from modern BI tools, built by a team of forward thinking experts in the data industry.
- Work closely with Design lead to ensure cohesive company brand and design across all elements
- Manage and develop blog and social content with the goal of driving brand awareness and differentiation in the market
- Work with sales leads on sales enablement and content development
- Map out our customer journey, and identify opportunities for growth and optimization, ultimately reducing customer acquisition cost and increasing lifetime value
- Own end-to-end program including nurture campaigns, drip campaigns, content promotions and newsletters
- Understand and implement the flywheel method and how that is intrinsically tied to Marketing
- Help achieve customer satisfaction KPIs including Net Negative Churn, adoption, and NPS, with the goal of increased referrals
- You have been the first marketing hire (or first Marketing Lead) at a SaaS company
- You have worked at an early stage startup, preferably a company that started with less than $10M in ARR when you joined
- You can clearly articulate your company’s year over year revenue growth and your contribution to that growth
👩💻 You are
Data Driven. You lead with data not opinions. You make strategic decisions based on data analysis and interpretation
Data Competent. You have experience marketing highly technical or analytical solutions and can demonstrate a comfort and understanding of the data industry including the tools and language. You will be writing and overseeing content targeted at data experts so you have the ability to instill credibility in our audience by showing them we are a team of forward thinking experts in the data industry.
You are quota-driven. You understand that both marketing and sales are both responsible for company revenue growth. You know how to deliver not only leads, but also quality leads and are comfortable having a “leads generated” and “deals created” commit.
Experimental/Creative. Generate new ideas, run experiments, and iterate to identify and optimize new growth channels and strategies. Past experience is important, but we know the same playbook from past companies needs to adjust, evolve, and adapt to our industry and the changing marketing and sales landscape.
You are analytical. With your spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills you can complete meaningful data analysis: collect the right information and then assemble, visualize, and investigate the information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills
You are a team player. Teamwork makes the dream work. Fill gaps. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.” You relish working in a fast-paced, excellence-driven team and you are ready to broaden your horizons and help other team members.
You have strong communication skills. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution
You are a Self-Starter. Don’t wait for permission. Figure it out — or figure out who can. Handle projects from start to finish. In other words, you’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
Intelligence. Fast learner with a desire to absorb new information.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.