Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Dallas, Texas, Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About the role
As a ConsenSys Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for building and maintaining enterprise grade highly scalable production systems running blockchain-based applications built using the latest technologies focused on maximizing the platform’s stability, reliability, availability and security.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and continuously improve our team’s processes, tools and solutions used to build, deploy, monitor, maintain and scale production systems
- Design and improve our monitoring, alerting and remediation solutions with focus on proactively identifying and addressing production issues
- Participate in the on-call rotation for for critical system alerts
- Investigate and lead the efforts to remediate critical operational platform issues
- Design and improve support processes in collaboration with support and dev teams (change management, incident management, on-call, etc)
- In-depth understanding of production management principles for distributed systems
- 3-5 years experience developing infrastructure as code or working with a cloud provisioning tool
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations teams managing production environments
- 3-5 years of scripting experience in python/bash/go or equivalent
- Hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
- Hands-on experience working with logging, monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic stack, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with Terraform
- Hands-on experience working on microservices architecture using containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Technical aptitude, ability and passion for learning new software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to think on feet and resolve issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Nice to have
- Hands on experience working with Azure is an advantage
- Security experience is an advantage
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and tools
- Technological degree in Computer science or equivalent
- An understanding of blockchain technology and the Ethereum ecosystem
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD120,000 - $USD251,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be foundhere.