Sr Partner Product Manager - Education
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build, market and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, including OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to build devices that consume our cloud, innovate with device partners, and transform how we sell devices and services with partners.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build, market and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture leading with inclusion and values that supports a growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
As a Sr. Education Partner Product Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team in DPS that is responsible for Product Management across all of our solution areas. You will share accountability with a senior team of product managers to drive product, portfolio, and investment strategy for Microsoft’s hardware partner ecosystem, growing a multi-billion-dollar P&L across all solution areas. You will be a key partner to engineering, marketing, and sales to manage our portfolio of offerings for the partner channel including our roadmap and cross-product dependencies. You will work on the future generations of intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices.
Are you interested in how Microsoft takes its technical innovation around education to organizations, educators, and students with its ecosystem of partners, how the next billion dollar business gets built, and how technologies like Windows 11 SE land in market? Are you interested in meeting hardware players around the globe to launch the next generation of products?
Reporting to the Partner Product Management Leader, this role will own the growth plan, the partner value proposition, and the business strategy for Education, including our offerings around Windows 11 Pro, Windows 11 SE, as well as management and cloud solutions.
- Synthesizes and consolidates information gathered from research (e.g., industry best practices, sales information, etc.) in order to inform and design partner strategy and to gain competitive insights. Seeks potential opportunities involved with specific partner collaborations to enable others to conduct risk analyses.
- Executes, creates, and drives solutions strategies/content roadmaps (e.g., product, enablement, recruit, incentives/investments) with new or existing partners and internal/external stakeholders based on research and deep understanding of the partner’s financials and strategic priorities, as well as business, industry, and competitive landscapes. Provides input on partner marketing plans and market opportunities and supports the management of planning activities against scorecard metrics and goals. Maps partner capabilities and priorities with Microsoft goals and strategies to help ensure strategic alignment. Influences across a regional leadership team to help drive strategic action. In partnership with internal counterparts and sales teams, leverages data to build data-driven solution area strategy including growth targets, partner capacity, projections (e.g., reach, frequency, yield targets), and capability to co-sell and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Supports the development and mutual creation of new partner capabilities and opportunities through partner experiences to help provide a competitive advantage and to land key product messages with partners. Measures the impact of end-to-end partner experiences through a co-marketing and partner standpoint, as well as evaluating return on investment (ROI). Ensures, executes, and accelerates partner-to-partner collaboration of marketing activities to build impact of partner experiences and programs.
Analytics and Insights
- Consumes and interprets data and metrics to complete analyses. Identifies trends in partner and competitive data to help assess the impact of a campaign/project. Helps to change and adapt partner strategies based on feedback and evaluation of data.
- Owns/drives trusted executive-level partner marketing relationships in order to work towards mutual business objectives and alignment to partner's priorities to establish trust and credibility. Advises and informs partners on best practices through deep solution area knowledge. Ensures effective communication of marketing messages and product/program incentive changes through and to partners and within a communication channel. Identifies gaps in current partner capabilities and capacity and drives plans to address gaps to build partner capability and capacity and drive partner sharing.
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to market products and enhance offerings. Builds trust and credibility in new and existing relationships with internal teams, while applying expertise to cross-functional and partner teams. Identifies and works to connect customer/partner opportunities with internal stakeholders (e.g., product management, category, business development, sales) through partner capability sharing, and advocates for the customers/partners to internal teams.
- Uses deep marketing/industry expertise to provide feedback to cross-team stakeholders and partners on how products and processes may be improved to simplify product optimizations and workflow or better serve partners/customers or internal stakeholders. Shares and may scale successes, thought leadership, opportunities for improvement, best practices, and learnings internally and externally as appropriate (e.g., case studies, industry events, training contributions).
- Leads the mapping of accounts with partner solutions and sales plays by identifying sales plays aligned to co-sell prioritized partners. Drives demand generation to build partner co-sell pipeline through solution area sales plays execution and with partner-to-partner (P2P) interactions.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of driving complex product cycles in a cross-functional team environment, with the ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently across various functions.
- 5+ years sales, marketing, or business development experience OR equivalent experience AND Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Business Development, Business Management, Communications, or related field
- Experience building/selling value propositions to education or enterprise or public sector organizations
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft’s Education offerings or similiar experience
- Product Management or Industry experience in devices and/or cloud space.
- Passion for hardware, results-focused connector mentality, curious and inclusive technology professional.
- Self starter, highly motivated, collaborative team player who has a proven track record of driving complex initiatives.
- Strong communications skills including presenting to senior audiences; excellent attention to detail
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129800 and $194800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
- Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.