Sr. Data & AI Pre-Sales Technical Specialist, Strategic Partnerships, Industry Solutions
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Job Type: Full time
The Strategic Partnerships Team works with our largest, most strategic accounts on Horizon 1-3 Digital Transformation (DT) projects - anything from cloud migration/optimization to first of a kind co-innovation projects. For this role we're looking for a Senior Data & AI Technical Pre-sales professional to:
- lead the strategic technical direction at these accounts in Latin America
- quantify/model cloud revenue and consumption acceleration on Azure
- lead large DT engagements during the pre-sales phase of a deal
- work closely with both Strategic Pursuit Leads as well as the local account teams on the overall business case of a deal
About the Organization: Microsoft’s Industry Solutions helps industry customers accelerate their digital transformations. This work is crucial as every industry undergoes breakthrough transformation that is not simply about technology, but also about re-envisioning existing business models and embracing a different way of bringing together people, data, and processes.
Industry Solutions is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
Scale Customer Engagements
- Acts as a representative for technology domain to all C-suite leaders within Strategic Partnerships engagements while engaging with and leveraging local Microsoft senior leadership as appropriate. Coaches and enables account teams to identify and proactively engage with key customer technical decision makers and influencers to unblock technical and business obstacles.
- Uses broad, in-depth industry, technical, and professional knowledge, and leadership skills to build credibility with customers; is sought after for expertise.
- Influences customer decisions and ensures technical wins by streamlining processes, leveraging deep knowledge of processes, tools, and programs (e.g., FastTrack, End Customer Investment Funds). Aligns goals across workloads and facilitates cross-selling with various worldwide teams.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center, demo sites, virtual sites) and owns resolution of highly complex, escalated technical and non-technical blockers by engaging other teams (e.g., Engineering, Account Team Unit [ATU], Specialist Team Unit [STU]) and conveying impact. Leverages insights and knowledge of blockers to anticipate market needs and contribute to global strategy. Identifies patterns of blockers within area of expertise and reaches out across geos to consolidate patterns into a business case to accelerate escalation. The end goal is robust consumption planning for large Microsoft Azure Consumption Commitment (MACC) deals and input into the win-win situation for a partnership technically and financially.
- Ensures consistency and quality through capturing, sharing, and adherence of standards and best practices in customer engagements by scaling implementation of cross-functional initiatives across channels at the global level to drive consistency in technical approach and ensure customer technical experience across teams.
- Orchestrates team resources and coaches team to maximize impact of customer engagement and drive long-term global strategy through global capacity planning, prioritization, and utilization of resources. Proactively plans team resources and engages corporate teams to influence maturation and presales. Qualifies and prioritizes opportunities and holds team accountable for maximizing selling time to achieve scorecard objectives and subsidiary strategy.
- Coaches and provides support to account technical teams and SPLs to define and execute the most robust technical strategy. Drives repeatability of strategy across similar situations. Proactively approaches customers to understand and identify global/cross-area strategy opportunities, aligning strategy with industry insights. Engages internal teams to ensure capability to execute strategy.
- Maintains communications with internal partners (e.g., Account Technology Unit [ATU], Customer Service Unit [CSU] manager, Specialist Sales Manager [SSM]) on highest potential customers to pre-align technical resources to customer and customer cases based on account planning and priorities, with the flexibility to realign to minimize orchestration and enable proactive engagements as needed.
Solution Design and Proof
- With the aim of robust consumption planning and different possible constructs of a MACC deal, one has to be very situational. In some cases, the role oversees highly complex demonstrations (e.g., architectural design sessions, and proof of concept [POC] sessions, pilots, hackathons) of end-to-end Microsoft solutions and architectures based on multiple products and positions solutions against competitors. Ensures demonstrations enable customers to identify and resolve technical issues with clear criteria and next steps that guarantee deployment of Microsoft technology.
- Promotes leveraging of reference architectures and provides validation input to establish programmatic frameworks for use by the business.
- Applies advanced sales methodologies (e.g., challenger sales) and coaches team to lead and inspire global customers in digital transformation solutions and shape and enable scalable change across subsidiaries.
- Identifies new technical/business trends and needs and identifies ideas that can be transformed into solutions that benefit customers/partners, serving as the voice of the customer (VOC) to Microsoft. Ensure input is utilized and solutions for the customer are established at the worldwide level.
- Acts as a role model by increasing own technical knowledge and serving as a respected technology leader to broader organization.
- Acts as a technical thought leader by sharing best practices (e.g., architectures, materials) and regularly delivering content at internal/external Microsoft events. Provides insight into how to identify and win opportunities to increase solutions/portfolio understanding and capabilities.
- Participates in tech communities and drives feedback to improve overall team member experience and effectiveness at global level.
- 6+ years of product management, technical pre-sales, or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of product management, technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of product management, technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Language skills: Business level English, Portuguese, and Spanish. This role will cover Latin America, with English also required for internal communications within the larger global team
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Technology: 8+ years’ experience with cloud and hybrid or on-premises infrastructures, Data platforms, AI and ML, architecture designs, migrations, and/or technology management
- Data & AI: Broad technical experience is essential covering things such as: on-prem/IaaS/PaaS databases/data warehouse/data lakes/lake houses/data mesh, ETL/data orchestration, hot/cold path architectures, Hadoop/Spark, R, Python, Advanced Analytics, Forecasting ML, DNN/DRL, or MLOps
- Solutions: Additional skills in Modern Workplace, IOT, and/or Apps & Infra are a plus.
- Change Management: 7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams without direct management of the resources
- Communication: Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Influence: Thought Leader, able to present clearly in a venue like Digital Win Room and convince the audience with the clear mutual benefits for the customer and for Microsoft coming from the strategic partnership
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, and relevant transferrable skills.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, near an international hub airport, with a preference for Fort Lauderdale, FL. You can expect limited global travel, 25 - 50%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129,800 and $194,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.