MCAPS, Senior Finance Manager, Commercial Devices Lead
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) Finance drives shareholder value in 16 Areas and 57 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for finance, statutory and compliance matters across all commercial segments and products.
The WW Commercial Devices Lead Senior Finance Manager for MCAPS will lead and execute worldwide core finance processes for the Commercial Devices business. The Sr. Finance Manager is the Finance partner to the Product-aligned business leaders and Area devices finance leads. The successful candidate will develop deep subject matter expertise on Commercial Devices metrics incl. close and trend/run-rate variance, outlook and forecast, inventory monitoring and pipeline analysis. The candidate will also need to develop a strong knowledge of our product stack (incl. Surface Pro, Laptop, Go, Book, Hub, Accessories) to deliver actionable insights to business partners. The Commercial Devices Lead Sr. Finance Manager drives Microsoft Devices growth from a WW perspective through analytics and new ways to measure this key fast-growing product portfolio.
The role provides the opportunity to:
- Have direct business impact on a multibillion $ product portfolio.
- Participate in people and team capabilities through a worldwide community of Commercial Devices controllers.
- Partner with senior business leaders to design and implement growth strategies.
- Support the WW STU lead of Devices Sales through Business Health analytics, Predictability (incl. outlook and forecast), product trend/ run-rate analysis, evolving the business review framework, landing strategic SC metrics and re-assessing comp-plans in line with strategy.
- Get exposure to the overall MCAPS organization, including all Segments and Business Groups
- Performs analysis and research of present and future financial performance, financial plans (e.g., expected returns, resource allocation, pricing, investment opportunities) and economic transactions (e.g., customer deals, commercial partnerships, acquisitions, etc.).
- Assists in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting process. Completes analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business and commercial stakeholders.
- Provides business leader support and actionable insights during financial close periods. Reviews recurring financial reporting and presentations. Identifies trends, and formulates action plans. Determines financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX, etc.) and conducts variance analyses. Identifies variance causes and solutions. Collaborates to ensure execution of plans and accountability for results.
- Develops and leverages relationships with customers and partners to bolster sales, and to understand and manage business risk. Collects customer feedback data and applies data analysis techniques to improve customer experience. Builds strong relationships with customers at senior levels.
- Designs and negotiates solutions to complex financial issues with customers. Engages with customers and partners on their wider relationships with Microsoft. Serves as advocate for Microsoft and its customers. Understands customers' businesses to plan growth. Manages balance between customer centricity, enablement of sales, and cost effectiveness.
- Provides business insights and recommendations to peers and stakeholders to achieve revenue and profitability goals and drive shareholder return, including. Resource allocation, cost optimization, revenue generation, trends, and future requirements. Manages and executes processes through engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with business leaders to define action plans for financial and business analysis findings.
- Applies advanced understanding of Microsoft Finance and business (e.g., monetization strategy, market, key drivers, revenue channels, advanced technology, and business partner work context) to multiple situations to evaluate results and analysis. Develops and manages strategies to proactively mitigate, or reactively address, potential adverse effects of macroeconomic and/or geopolitical risks. Maintains working knowledge of Microsoft financial systems, policies, and processes to evaluate potential impacts of changes, and drives improvements in efficiency and accuracy.
- Contributes to new and unconventional methods and approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation, and financial models. Provides advice and direction to teammates and peers on data management and operations.
- Leads efforts to leverage technology to increase productivity (e.g., report optimization) and to ensure accurate conclusions.
- Integrates varied data sources and assimilates the information into a comprehensive, clear narrative. Communicates results in a compelling and understandable message. Articulates understanding and awareness of business partner situation.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Consults with business partners on sharing financial information, approved instruments and processes, and consistency with corporate policies. Collaborates with Compliance groups to ensure team is current on company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.