Group Finance Manage, MCAPS
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) is a business unit focusing on commercial segments, spanning across all Microsoft products and services and influencing sales teams world-wide. The MCAPS Core Finance team (formerly WCB) is looking for a strong Group Finance Manager who can work in a results-driven, dynamic environment in a business area with a huge growth opportunity. Candidates would proactively partner with internal customers to drive global impact through insights and frameworks to help us optimize resources and investments, maximize revenue, market share, and profit.
OurGroup Finance Manager will work in a highly collaborative, fast paced (and fun) environment to support investment measuring and tracking by creating and standing up an infrastructure to support end-to-end view of the investment cycle and to inform future recommendations. This person will also play a key role in evolution of SHARK (resource and investment optimization tool) and One ROI to help us correlated various investments to revenue outcomes.
The role requires a high degree of agility and skill in navigating multiple senior stakeholder requirements while enabling the accelerated growth aspirations for the business in a highly competitive market environment. To be successful, the individual needs to be highly technical, have strong reporting background, highly collaborative, self-motivated and able to easily connect the dots and understand high level picture. He/she is an effective leader and demonstrates model, coach and care qualities as this role will manage 4-5 resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a strategic and trusted advisor to MCAPS leaders to influence business direction, development, and investment models for the Commercial business and across Solution Areas. Work with various stakeholders to identify hypothesis and work towards solutions through insights and reporting
- Model and analyze key strategic drivers to influence and guide future year planning decisions and strategic activities as it pertains to resourcing & investments through unified metrics and other drivers
- Support investment business cases through insights and historical trends
- Lead thoughtful and end-to-end blueprint process for the Commercial sales organization in the field
- Responsible for tracking/measuring/analyzing prior investments for changes in strategy
- Create reporting cadence to the Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer as well as other members of the Leadership Team
- Deliver holistic ROI for deals across a portfolio of investments: ECIF/ACO/Discounting/Programs/headcount/OCP
- Partner across MCAPS organization to ensure alignment across the entire business. Work with WWIC/HR and MCAPS Operations teams to execute strategic vision for fiscal year planning
- Improve FY planning process to drive efficiency while delivering impact
- Create central modeling to support blueprinting and resource allocation
Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Directs, performs, and reviews analysis and research of present and future financial performance, financial plans (e.g., expected returns, resource allocation, pricing, investment opportunities) and economic transactions (e.g., customer deals, commercial partnerships, acquisitions, etc.). Prepares, summarizes, and drives recommendations.
- Works directly with business partners to translate top-down targets to an accountable budget for each group. Directs analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business and commercial stakeholders. Prepares and summarizes recommendations.
- Guides others to contribute to budget, reporting, closing, and recurring business review processes. Manages the rhythm of the business for area of responsibility including monthly close, recurring business review preparation, and budgeting. Ensures team is generating relevant and actionable insights to move business forward. Collaborates and empowers others to ensure execution of plans and accountability for results.
- Directs and coaches teams as they leverage relationships with customers and partners. Oversees complex negotiations with customers. Ensures that organization and teams remain customer-centric. Strives to develop strong relationships with customers. Develops capabilities of teams to engage with customers on their wider relationships with Microsoft.
- Shares business insights and advances solutions and action plans to drive business and commercial leader goals and short-term accountabilities. Provides credible insights into industry benchmarks and consumer trends, performance improvements, and growth. Facilitates to resolve complex issues. Guides team to focus on driving profitable growth and shareholder return by being an integral part of the business decision making process.
- Applies understanding of the broader internal Microsoft context, as well as external factors, to offer solutions to ensure organizational objectives are met. Considers competing views and alterative solutions when formulating recommendations for financial plans and forecasts. Shares business expertise to help others implement and execute their goals.
- Conceptualizes and designs new approaches to how financial data is collected and evaluated to impact future outcomes and decisions.
- Works with Microsoft experts to identify and leverage advanced tools and technology to aid in achieving greater production, autonomy, and goal attainment. Drives improvements in data management through automation.
- Understands the interconnections between data, information, and results and translates this into forward looking narratives and forecasts. Provides clarity and alignment with senior leaders. Implements creative ways to show patterns and draw conclusions to help drive decisions and clearly communicate findings. Generates actionable plans based on complex results, ambiguous findings, and multi-year time horizons. Coaches team to translate data into a simplified and engaging message with actionable insights. Facilitates a shared understanding and awareness of business partner situation.
- Drives the right tone from executive leadership and ensures strict adherence and understanding of Microsoft policies on risk and compliance. Influences leadership to ensure compliance is a top priority and modeled throughout the organization.
- Directs team and holds others accountable to ensure financial control processes, policies, instruments, and procedures are executed.
- Guides team and encourages others to identify and share risks to compliance and take steps to mitigate.
- Drives a compliant culture through actions and decisions to instill trust. Advocates, educates and promotes best practices and new developments.
- Champions Microsoft privacy, security, and ethical standards. Advances key compliance initiatives.
Required/ Basic Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years Technical / Reporting experience
- 3-5 years presentation experience at the Senior Leadership level
- Must have people management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.