Senior Digital Cloud Solution Architect – SAP on Azure
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Columbia, Maryland, Dallas, Texas, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Memphis, Tennessee, Miami, Florida, New York, New York, Paramus, New Jersey, Reston, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an initiative-taking and enthusiastic Senior Digital Cloud Solution Architect with SAP on Azure experience, to join our team.
The Senior Digital Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) will focus on Azure Infrastructure Innovation with a focus on SAP on Azure technical wins and growth across Canada. This customer-facing position will primarily support new workload expansion with SAP on Azure and winning the technical decision with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within Microsoft SAP on Azure customer base. You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers. You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption. You will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop SAP on Azure platforms. And you will also collaborate closely with MS Partners to architect and pilot solutions that successfully match customer needs.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Preference given to qualified candidates from Dallas, Tx, Atlanta, GA and Fargo, North Dakota.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation and business goals by helping customers with Microsoft solutions and partners. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed and scale customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology including big data and analytics. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers realize value from the Microsoft Cloud across customer solution areas like Modern Work, Security, Business Applications, Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Application Innovation.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Customer Centricity: Understand customers' overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable SAP on Azure cloud solutions leveraging expertise in SAP and complementary/ supporting cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as code technologies).
- Technical Thought Leadership: Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a migration and modernization roadmap with customers using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF). Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (g., Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g., App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate. Ensure all solutions leverage the design and operations guidance according to the Well-Architected framework across all pillars, including performance efficiency, security, operational excellence, reliability, and cost optimization.
- Partner for Growth: Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects, MS Partners, and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform. Build relationships with SAP on Azure go-to partners to accelerate growth. Reviews partner demonstrations and provides feedback to ensure alignment with Microsoft standards.
- Architecture Design & Deployment: Run Architectural Design Sessions to build plans for implementing solution –governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. Outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production.
- Trusted Advisor: Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers.
- Other: Embody our culture and values.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales pipeline, acquisition, as well as operational metrics related to SAP on Azure.
- 5+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design, and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with AWS or Azure.
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience architecting and deploying with SAP.
- Strategic thinking & execution: Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute plans and build strong relationships.
- Excellent Communicator: Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High Performer: A highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Collaborative: Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services team, Microsoft partners, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset: Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development.
- Purposeful Planner & Executor: Delivers business impact with intentional planning, driving clarity to the team with consistent coaching rhythms, removing blockers and ensuring quarterly business budget goals are met.
- Disciplined Operator: Maintains excellence in pipeline management, forecasting and driving integrated territory and budget achievement planning.
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions, with emphasis on SAP on Azure (e., Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, HPC, and Infra as a code technologies)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (g., Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks, SDKs etc.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- Experience with Identity/Security (Azure): Identity, Security Architecture, Security Management and Network Security.
- Well Architected Framework/Cloud Adoption Framework (WAF/CAF) foundations.
- Deployment and app refactoring/migrations.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e., Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio).
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms.
- Partners: Understanding of local partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-305) Certified or equivalent certifications or be prepared to attain within 3 months.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form