Azure Product Marketing Manager - Infrastructure
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Azure is a rapidly growing business that is central to the Microsoft Cloud Platform and the company’s overall success. The Azure Business Group’s mission is to help organizations realize value from Azure and maximize customer satisfaction, support business outcomes, and grow consumption and acquisition across our US customer base.
Microsoft’s US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is seeking an Azure Product Marketing Manager (PMM), who will be responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities.
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
- Leads others to compile and evaluate market intelligence to identify opportunities and define strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, and renewal of solution; uses insights to story tell. Leads engagements with other stakeholder teams, customers, and the field to understand customer/partner needs and identify investment priorities (e.g., marketing, feature sets, sales resources). Designs or influences how the team approaches research. Understands competitor strengths, weaknesses, and Microsoft’s competitive positioning to ensure that Microsoft is ahead of the market and priority competitors. Develops insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to design Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition. Partner with leaders to interpret opportunities and risks. Obtains and synthesizes direct and indirect customer feedback, validation, and experience.
Product Vision and Strategy
- Contributes to or influences the long-term vision and strategy for a product and/or solution based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market and user research, competitive landscape, and Microsoft’s business goals and strategy. Knows how to partner with Business Planning, Branding, and SWE to impact the roadmap and defines the metrics that capture the market and customer engagement opportunity. Influence senior partners in delivering the right product experience in alignment with defined direction. Establishes trusting relationships with stakeholders.
- Identifies target customers, defines and executes the strategy for the end-to-end customer journey. Partners with others to define success criteria and performance metrics, such as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); tracks performance against success metrics and proactively acts on performance. Builds the strategy and partners to land revenue or engagement growth priorities, business targets, monetization strategies, plans, and metrics with sales and channel teams.
- 5+ years marketing strategy, business planning, sales enablement, business development, technical pre-sales, or related work experience.
- Direct experience with customers in a technology industry
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Prepare supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
- Consult with global technology, legal, operations, trade, IT, and information security policy, process, and system owners.
- Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Consult on the development of business requirements for new/existing system implementations and enhancements.
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills to analyze business performance, identify market opportunity and develop useful insights from data
- Ability to influence without authority, collaborate effectively, and lead virtual teams
- Effective communicator, skilled presenter & growth minded interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous business situations; be open to acting quickly and iterating
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 - $178,800
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.