Strategic Sourcing Manager – General Contractors
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. We are responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the strategic Supply Chain team is responsible for establishing a supply chain that can meet the ever-growing growth of the Cloud and our customers. We support a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-billion, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects. Furthermore, we support the Operations team that manages and runs the cloud assets. We are looking to fill a critical role of International Strategic Sourcing Manager on our APAC Supply Chain team.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Continuous Improvement: Always seek ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes; includes deployment of tools, using data analytics and working with IT groups to define system requirements.
Strategic Sourcing: Creates, aligns and maintains sourcing strategies to continuously re-evaluate and improve Microsoft procurement of goods and services.
Negotiation Stategy: Development of negotiation strategies for appropriate purchasing scope.
Supplier Selection: Oversees supplier selection and performance management. Ensures alignment to Microsoft business goals, throughout.
Contracting: Understand industry contracting norms and Microsoft contracting requirements; participate in negotiation of contracts that meet business goals.
Supplier Engagement: Proactively segments suppliers and utilizes engagement programs to improve performance and achieve business goals
Category Vision & Strategy : Creates, communicates, and maintains a category vision and strategy that is based on appropriate business intelligence, is following Microsoft policies, and has buy-in from stakeholders, Microsoft-wide.
- Experience in the key categories including General Contractor, Architect / Engineering consultancy and construction services.
- Experience on large-scale mission critical construction projects - sourcing, managing, and administering contracts over USD $100M.
- Extensive Construction experience is an absolute requirement for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial field (engineering, construction management, similar). Masters preferred.
- 10+ years’ post graduate construction/ cost/supply chain/ procurement experience specifically with large complex Capital Projects
- Strong commercial understanding and experience of driving and developing key contractual components of categories (AE, GC, Infrastructure Equipment and other Construction Services suppliers cost structures).
- Knowledge of data center industry preferable and / or mission critical experience and experience managing a variety of project delivery methods - ability to collaborate with a project team in defining risk and developing the appropriate contracting and compensation approaches.
- High energy a drive to achieve results in midst of ambiguity and matrixed org.
- Technical ability to write contracts, ability to set up sourcing plans and negotiation strategies and execute them.
- Excellent communicator that can interact with diverse groups across organizational levels.
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.) and ability to facilitate change management.
- Ability to implement new processes and get buy in from a cross functional team.
Be able to travel up to 25%, generally within EMEA region.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.