Technical Program Management
Location: Issaquah, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
As the CE&S Principal Program Manager, you will manage the Modern Work strategy and portfolio development, working with WW stakeholders across the company. You will collaborate and provide mentorship to a team of engineers who have a deep technical knowledge of our Modern Work Services and be accountable for setting the technical strategy, overseeing workforce planning, and ensuring all services are developed on time, with quality. You will foster relationships with field teams around the globe and establish closed loop feedback channels to ensure that every delivery delights our customers and drives the right outcome. This is a high impact and high visibility role that will enable the newly formed Customer Experience and Support organization to reimagine and drive customer impact at scale. In addition, this role will also interactive and provide guidance to a set of strategic service capabilities, that span all solution areas, helping bring the IP portfolio together.
We are looking for a well-rounded leader with a proven ability to navigate complex stakeholders across the company, and an ability to speak to business and technical leaders at all levels. If you are energized by ambiguity, have an entrepreneurial spirit, able to work with empathy when under pressure, and operate with high confidence and interpersonal awareness, then this may be your next role.
- Technical Strategy and Service Development - Partner with our business teams and technology partners to align and prioritize top business scenarios. Collaborate with team members, provide innovative ideas to translate business requirements and customer promises to technical solutions, develop the user stories, and oversee the development cycle while ensuring a high-quality bar. Partner with field teams to validate each service delivers on the customer promise and develop the reporting and measurements to support quarterly and monthly business reviews with senior leadership.
- Engineering Excellence & Continuous Improvement- help drive team culture and supporting processes that accelerate time to market from planning through development and test. Ensure all priorities and initiatives are aligned with key stakeholders across Microsoft and track development timelines and customer outcomes for all in-flight and net new investments.
- Field Execution Enablement -through interaction with our field technical communities (Customer Success Architects, Modern Work Architects, Customer Engineers, Customer Success Account Managers, etc.), help ensure every release is thoroughly field tested and ready for our customers. Gain critical feedback and adapt to ever-emerging customer needs and expectations.
- Leadership - foster an exceptional and inclusive work environment within the team members. Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance with global v-team teams to meet business objectives and ensure we continue to focus on the customer experience and outcomes our company counts on to win in the market.
- Bachelor's Degree AND 6+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- 3+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 10+ years of experience as a technical Program Manager or in a technical role, technical knowledge of the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Ability to partner across business teams and technology teams to drive the Modern Work and Modern Work Security strategy and roadmaps.
- Ability to perform research, evaluate market trends (including those forever changed by COVID-19) and uncover current needs
- Experience in management of complex cross-group, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects. Organize and lead cross-functional product development through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, resolve conflicts, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options and drive issues to closure without compromising on quality.
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to validate every release is thoroughly field tested and ready for our customers. Gain critical feedback and adapt to ever-emerging customer needs and expectations.
- Right balance of forward thinking/ strategic and pragmatic with a knack for seeing things from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to manage product life cycle from strategic planning to execution ensuring the product portfolio delivers great customer outcomes. Leverage feedback loops to drive continual improvement of service performance.
- Ability to engage in long-term thinking, customer obsession and balance conflicting interests, to converge on outcomes that earn trust and customer loyalty.
- Ability to gain confidence and sponsorship of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create clear, concise narratives to relay strategic intent and vision. Provide transparent development timelines and accelerate time to market for your portfolio to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to define and establish Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and execute on plans for improving KRs
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree or experience
You can expect limited global travel, less than 10%.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.