Sr. Finance Manager – Revenue Planning, MCAPS
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Customer Experience & Success’ worldwide team of reactive and proactive Support specialists live and work across 191 countries, supporting 46 different languages engaging in customer and partner interactions to drive digital transformation. The CE&S’ Support Finance Team acts as a sparring partner for Microsoft WW Support business, a multiple billion $ unit. The experiences span from digital transformation envision dialogs with customers, to delivery of services, customer support and engagement, customer lifecycle involvement driving to customer success. The team partners heavily with corporate leadership groups and with various field communities at a worldwide basis.
The Enterprise Support Finance Team is looking for an experienced finance leader to be at the center of the Support business growth, focused on the modeling and forecasting the opportunities to expand the Support footprint across Microsoft Commercial Customers. A highly visible role, it requires partnering with key stakeholders: Senior business leaders in CE&S and MCAPS. The position will report to the Support Finance Director, and be a key part of the team, leading all matters around Support Revenue contributing to making critical decisions to drive business impact and help influence strategic transformation. If you love challenges, have a passion for results, and have demonstrated exemplary leadership, cross-group collaboration, and business analytics, we want you.
Join us as the Revenue Planning Sr. Manager in the Enterprise Support team, where you will work together with the business in the exciting journey towards growing the Support business at par with our Commercial levels. Strong collaboration & integration with Finance Teams across Microsoft (Product Groups & MCAPS) is a key to success.
You will be working on:
- Partnering with Sales, Offerings, GTM and Finance to support the end-to-end Support Billed Revenue (SBR) planning and strategic decision-making process including building robust financial models and decision support frameworks at WW and area levels for:
- CFO Forecasting
- Design forecasting models that reflect business and financial success of Support offers from revenue growth & profitability perspectives.
- Drive successful landing of target setting, budgeting, and forecasting, while collaborating with Field Controllers and presenting to our SLT.
- Partner with the Incentives and Comp teams to help set up quota targets.
- Lead all Support Billed Revenue (SBR) activities within the team and supervise the work of the SBR Performance SME
Our team values the following sets of skills, which in this role will help you towards success:
- Passion to solve problems, working at multiple altitudes, from strategic and high-level framing to detailed analysis
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, ability to abstract and synthesize data & industry information
- Strong business modeling capabilities
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and v-team effort
- Growth Mindset advocate/role model and passionate about team health.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the technology industry, particularly in commercial cloud services, business models and economics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.