Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The AI empowerment team is well on its way to create this breakthrough product in long-term partnership with a handful of the largest enterprises globally. The product harvests, creates and harnesses a diverse range of AI models and automatically makes their output intelligible to humans on demand. Our product design point is to help people make sense of information buried in mountains of documents, conversations, photos, videos, 2D and 3D scans, molecular and genetic representations, and emerging device and sensor signals.
This is a customer facing role, owning the end-to-end technical relationship between the customer and our team. You will drive the engagement from a technical standpoint, including architectural design, security, and compliance sessions to ensure the success of our platform, from initial enablement to production. The ideal candidate will have experience leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
- Work closely with customers to understand and resolve complex platform issues
- Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance, and escalations for customer production environments
- Dive deep into service scale issues, ensure and promote best practices on resiliency and reliability of our services
- Improve the fundamentals of the platform
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders
- Respectfully challenges customers/partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately
- Leads architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer business value. Drives efforts to ensure that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in a technology-focused or Engineering-related discipline
- 5+ years of software design and development experience with programming languages such as C#, Java or Python
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing scalable cloud services using Azure infrastructure
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with MLOps is a strong plus
- Understanding of security, identity management and networking are a strong plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- The ability to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term tasks is essential
- Proven track record of collaborative design in an agile team environment
- Collaboration and Communication - Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, Security teams, Security admins, DevOps, Cloud Security architect teams)
- Technical knowledge of cloud architecture and services, Azure is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.