DC I&A Tech Manager
Location: Wenatchee, Washington
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter Inventory & Asset Technician Manager (DIAM).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DIAL, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
As a successful Datacenter Inventory & Asset Technician Manager your success will be measured by:
- Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model – Live our culture, embody our values, and practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes, enable success across boundaries, and help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people, know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations, and invest in the growth of others.
- Run daily safety topic huddles.
- Manage and coordinate any escalated task risks and reported issues.
- Train employees in safe and effective rack moving.
- Ensure team compliant with heavy-lifting equipment requirements.
Tactical Shift Management:
- Support the planning, management, and communication of end-to-end project plans with applicable stakeholders and teams.
- Assess resource and workflow patterns to determine any needed changes in work assignments to ensure timelines are met.
Inbound and Outbound Logistics:
- Be responsible for overall day-to-day operations and ensure inbound and outbound measuring processes are running smoothly and effectively.
- Manage escalated issues related to inbound and outbound logistics.
- Ensure that all issues are documented, tracked, discussed, and resolved with internal and external stakeholders as well as suppliers with consistent and complete communication.
- Drive focus on accurately and efficiently completing Inventory and Asset Management (IAM) tasks.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage issues as they arise.
- Lead a team of technicians responsible for material movement (e.g., inventory management/tracking, inventory staging), inventory cycle audits, and Data Center regulatory compliance or certification control audit activity.
Warranty Process Management:
- Drive direction to make sure expectations are met handling high level escalations.
- Empower junior employees to effectively process Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) warranties.
- Work with internal stakeholders as needed related to finances around incorrectly handled RMA warranties.
Data Bearing Device (DBD) Destruction:
- Ensure all DBDs are destroyed.
- Ensure all DBDs leaving premises do not contain customer information.
- Coordinate with and oversee relationships with any third-party vendors who perform DBD destruction as necessary.
- Provide thought leadership on established methodologies and monitors outcomes for the overseen region(s).
- Comply with established methodologies and approaches to ensure delivery and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Work directly with the supply base to process price validation and deliver a single, accurate price to draft the PO in conjunction with senior leadership and procurement team.
- Process price and procurement requests requested by Microsoft management in support of server, network, Storage Area Network (SAN), and spare requirements.
- Contribute to risk management standards with appropriate internal teams for assigned equipment, organization, or services to improve processes or stakeholder satisfaction.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to order major equipment.
- Identify roadblocks to contract execution and escalate to senior procurement staff as needed.
- Serve as subject matter expert and model compliance to junior team members.
- Drive consistency in processes and services to align with defined policies and procedures to meet expectations for accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to influence workstreams towards a more simplified and/or automated approach by evolving processes, services, and solutions to increase efficiency and manage costs.
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Qualifications:
For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- 3+ year(s) experience warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, inventory management, retail, warehouse management, or a related field OR equivalent experience.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ year(s) experience in warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, IT, and/or logistics, operating heavy-load movement equipment (e.g., forklift, pallet jacks, chassis lifts) for a large corporation
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) project management experience.
- Certification in American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)/Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM), International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers (IAITAM), Inventory Control, OR equivalent.
This role is required to be onsite at the Data Center during scheduled work hours
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.