Technical Program Management
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure is growing exponentially, and part of the overall cloud strategy is the decommissioning of server hardware. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to manage the relationships with our Engineering and Business Transformation teams The Cloud Decommission Management (CDM) team is driving the strategy and execution of how Microsoft decommissions hardware and infrastructure globally. For CDM to be successful, we rely on tooling and automation to have predictable and repeatable processes and data management to deliver and scale the Microsoft Cloud. This is an opportunity to play a key role within our Cloud Decommission Management Business.
This role will manage semester planning for all of the engineering and development work required for our Decom System tooling and automation. You will act as a liaison between our CDM team of SMEs and the Engineers and PMs that are responsible for supporting and developing our Decom tools. The ideal candidate will apply efficient yet thorough data analysis and reporting skills. Candidates must be comfortable working across all levels, in day-to-day problem resolution scenarios with functional and technical subject matter experts, but also supporting regular periodic executive (GM/VP-level) presentations and service reviews. This position requires an understanding of project management and engineering/development processes.To get this right on a global scale, we require a strong individual who can drive alignment across our Engineering and PM organizations in a fast paced and ever-changing landscape.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Technical Program Manager role encompasses a broad scope, including:
- Program Management
- Engineering Semester Planning
- Business model and capability definition
- Process Design and Implementation
- Cross-functional Program Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Drive clarity and alignment across business partners on multi-phased roadmap for solution implementation, ensuring alignment to minimum viable scope at each phase
- Build collaborative relationships with CSCP Engineering and Business Transformation Teams
- Contribute to architecture discussion to drive infrastructure consistency and process efficiency, establish convergence roadmap, and direct concurrent program initiatives.
- Support the technical vision for meeting customer operational tooling needs.
- Highlighting and executing automation opportunities that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
- Drive continuous progress towards a multi-release plan for improving Engineering partner satisfaction and business results.
- Provide Engineering teams with capabilities/use cases/scenarios to articulate clear business requirements, aligned to strategic vision with analytical justification
3+ years of experience in program management and/or project management with demonstrated track-record of success
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Experience with software development lifecycle
Process improvement and automation experience is a plus
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Proficiency with MS Office Applications and Tools – Azure Dev Ops, Teams, Power BI, Power Automate/Power Platform
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.