Product Marketing Manager – Storytelling & Narrative (Multiple Roles, including Senior PMM Roles)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Bellevue, Washington, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Irving, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Mountain View, California, New York, New York, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Tampa, Florida, United States, Washington, District of Columbia, Woodbridge Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
This job posting represents multiple openings across different teams and levels of experience. You will be considered for available openings within the Cloud Marketing Product Marketing organization.
This role is remote and available for most locations across the US. If you work from Bellevue, WA; Mountain View, CA; or Atlanta, GA you may have the option to work hybrid in the office.
Additional Details for Internal Candidates below.
The Microsoft Cloud is at the center of the company’s cloud strategy with exponential growth in revenue and consumption. Encompassing a wide range of cloud offerings, such as Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Defender, and Microsoft Power Platform, the Microsoft Cloud is the only enterprise-grade Cloud with a true hybrid story and advanced security features built-in.
The Cloud Marketing organization at Microsoft leads commercial marketing efforts across the product teams that make up the Microsoft Cloud. This Product Marketing Manager role within Cloud Marketing will play a vital part in ensuring we continue to differentiate our solutions in the industry with programs, go-to-market strategies, and long-term marketing plans. As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll partner closely with engineering, sales, partners, business planning, and other teams to build messaging and programs, and execute go-to-market plans that drive adoption and grow one of the many offerings in the Microsoft Cloud portfolio.
We are looking for great Product Marketing Managers for the following technology areas:
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Join us and help shape the future of the world.
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
- Leads others to compile and evaluate market intelligence to identify opportunities and define strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, and renewal of a feature, product, and/or solution; uses insights to story tell.
- Leads engagements with other stakeholder teams, customers, and the field to understand customer/partner needs and identify investment priorities (e.g., marketing, feature sets, sales resources).
- Designs or influences how the team approaches research. Understands competitor strengths, weaknesses, and Microsoft’s competitive positioning to ensure that Microsoft is ahead of the market and priority competitors.
- Develops insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to design Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition.
Value Prop Positioning, Messaging, Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Collaborates with others to develop insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to drive Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition that aligns with customer goals.
- Drives the development and framework of messaging and positioning with stakeholders and managers.
- Delivers thoroughly researched messaging and positioning framework with a broader set of proof points and crisper overall storytelling.
Product Marketing and Business Performance
- Facilitates the building and executing marketing plans and strategies across functions to achieve product revenue goals.
- Has a basic understanding of the multi-faceted drivers of product revenue and employs strategies across the entire market experience (price, channel, product, promotion, etc.) to meet revenue goals and make adjustments where needed to improve gaps.
- Develops partnerships (e.g., Marketing, Partner, SWE, Design, Services, Sales) to lead and deliver differentiated customer value and company growth.
- Drives initiatives and programs across teams to improve and meet organizational goals.
- Shares demonstrated best practices to relevant stakeholders to improve product marketing and business performance.
- Drives impact through other teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 2+ years experience in product marketing
- OR Master's Degree in in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 1+ years experience in product marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
At least 2+ years of commercial storytelling & narrative marketing experience leading cross org collaboration and driving thought leadership
At least 2+ years of experience driving the development and framework of messaging and positioning with stakeholders and managers
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in product marketing
- OR Master's Degree in in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 3+ years experience in product marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
The salary for this role in the State of Colorado is $96,000 - $194,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.