Software Engineer II-CTJ
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you passionate about enabling customers and team members to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Are you passionate about owning services from overall health to feature development? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, cost, and solving complex problems with software and systems solutions?
Microsoft’s Security Compliance and Information Management Division - Productivity builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational “dial-tone” platforms in Azure to customer facing services and critical security services that back customer facing services such as O365. We work as a team across development, Software Engineering/Site Reliability Engineering (SWE/SRE), program management and security to envision, design, develop, deploy, and operate critical services.
If you are looking for a fun, rewarding place to level up your career, come work with us!
Envision, design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, operability, and efficiency of our services.
Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
Participate in periodic on-call duties to ensure 24x7 service health and reliability.
Work cross-team with Azure, Office, Bing, Xbox, HoloLens, and large external Software Makers.
Be a positive, team oriented developer – mentoring, helping, growing and learning
Required Qualifications: These are REQUIRED qualifications. Candidates will be dispositioned out if they do not have these qualifications. These MUST be quantifiable.
- 2+ years of experience in Software architecture and design
- Equivalent engineering experience in lieu of, or a BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics. A degree is not required for this role, as long as the candidate has appropriate experience in software engineering.
Appropriate Government security screening for this role
- Full-stack web development experience, or experience in improving the fundamentals of web/application/cloud platform(s)
- Experience in both Dev and Ops – you own and support the code you write
- Ability to think at scale, including resiliency and reliability of our products
- Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph)
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.