Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The goal of the Advertising Sales team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft Advertising Sales (MSA) make better financial and business decisions. MSA is responsible for selling advertising globally across all of Microsoft’s publishers and partners, by far the largest being search advertising. Our team is at the center of financial activities for MSA, being a key strategic partner to a diverse set of stakeholders: Senior Finance leaders, Sales Leadership Team, and Engineering groups.
Finance Managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources, and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modeling, and analytics. As a Finance Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial analysis, financial decisions and investments, and process transformation projects.
We are looking for Finance professionals with strong business partnering, ability to influence through others combined with strong executive presence. The ideal candidates will be able to dive into the details and understand the key drivers as well as effectively communicate results/drivers to business partners including executives. Will also exhibit curiosity, is a fast learner and has a passion to understand the business models and drivers in our Advertising Sales organization.
- Provide financial support to business partners and their staffs. This includes decision support, resource allocation analysis and ad hoc analysis supporting business direction.
- Assists in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting process. Gathers insight and contributes to analysis and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles.
- Provides support to peers and counterparts during financial close periods. Prepares recurring financial reporting, forecasts, and presentations, and updates as necessary through the reporting cycles. Determines financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX, COGS) comparedto expected budget and projections. Identifies variances to provide insights to management and inform future projections.
- Partner with sales operations on quota adjustments, segmentation changes and on-going improvements to sales forecast modeling
- Partner with portion of the sales team to drive growth and decision support for that team.
- Learns and applies the foundational aspects of Microsoft Finance (e.g., financial systems, policies and procedures, key metrics, historical performance, reporting and forecast requirements) and business (e.g., monetization strategy, market, key drivers of profitability) to collect information, perform technical analysis and modeling, and complete standardized reporting.
- Improves current methods used in collecting data, developing automated financial reporting and forecasting tools, and creating standard and ad-hoc reports. Learns how advanced technology is leveraged in Finance and across Microsoft to provide greater depth of analysis.
- Communicates recurring and ad-hoc results in a logical and understandable message.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Supports questions regarding documentation, policy adherence, and requirements. Recommends approved instruments and processes. Remains current on all company policies and procedures and updates others.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- OR equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.