Senior Business Strategy Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) group is an exciting and fast evolving group within Microsoft whose vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering cloud capacity differentiated at scale. The organization is responsible for planning, delivery and provision of all data centers globally powering Microsoft cloud properties. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services.
Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) organization within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of IT hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
The role of Principle Business Strategy Manager will be focusing on key areas:
- Perform analysis and develop recommendations: Collect external and internal cross-functional data, drive analysis, identify gap, recommend improvement actions
- Develop communication material and influence: Own development of communication material and drive alignment with cross-functional teams
- Manage projects and track progress: Partner with cross-functional teams to drive actions, bring strategy to life and deliver results
- Conduct analysis, synthesize findings, develop recommendations to drive supply chain strategies. Topics ranging from industry intelligence and benchmarking, mid to long-term operations/ supply chain optimization, to firefighting and resolving short-term Supply Chain and Sourcing challenges
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive implementation of strategic projects: from defining plan, monitoring progress, tracking KPI to delivering result and institutionalize
- Partner with Supply Chain, Sourcing and Engineering teams to ensure supply chain resiliency is built-in at product launch, with diversified supply base and geography
- Lead communications with cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment, ensure execution and report progress
- Engage with cross functional teams on Supply chain and Sourcing related initiatives, e.g., Sustainability, government policy
- Serve as trusted advisor and support other Supply Chain and Sourcing teams on fact-based analysis and communication material development
- 5+ years of experience in high-tech Supply Chain or Sourcing
- 2+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Supply Chain Strategy or Corporate Strategy
- Experience in leading strategy projects involving cross functional teams
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain is a plus
- Experience in supporting exec-level communications
- Demonstrated capability in driving analysis, problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Passionate not only in defining strategic agenda, but also in driving execution and delivering results
- Ability to influence and build lasting relationships
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.