Digital Solution Area Specialists - Data
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. You will help our managed customers in Canada to identify their needs and opportunities. You will help customers get to the cloud by leveraging Microsoft's Azure Data & AI portfolio.
As an Azure Data & AI Specialist you will be a senior solution sales leader within our Small, Medium and Corporate business, leading a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will be a trusted advisor and a Data & AI subject matter expert with core capability and expertise in Data Modernization, Analytics and AI. You will work with customers to leverage data to help them achieve their business priorities and help guide customer’s journey through Analytics-led Azure Data transformation. You will help customers evaluate their applications and business requirements, recommend solutions that meet their requirements and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision. You will need to support customers to remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction. You will help our customers take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform and leading Analytics & AI solutions to realize the value of digital transformation.
In this role you will:
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine their needs and identify opportunities to fulfill their needs with Microsoft's leading cloud technologies
- Help orchestrate deals, drive Azure Data Services, and create customer success
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by filtering them through different criteria, e.g. BANT (budget, authority, need and timeline)
- Be the main point of contact for Microsoft's customers, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections, and negotiating success
- Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usage scenarios
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live product demos, how customers can capture value and envision their future with Microsoft’s technologies
- Meet and exceed targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as a monthly and quarterly forecast for cloud solution sales; accurately forecast sales, pipeline and usage for the products and solutions in your scope
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic teaming environment with Cloud Solution Architects to effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
- Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone, and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers maintain high daily activity
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experienceOR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experienceOR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- Data & AI Platform: Understanding of Microsoft Azure Data & AI products. The position requires the ability to articulate and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft’s solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products relative to Microsoft competitors.
- Experience with two or more data estate workloads: Terradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), HD Insight, Hadoop, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (Big Query), MemSQL, MarkLogic, Qubole, Pivotal (Greenplum), Actian (Avalanche), Alibab (MaxCompute).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.