Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Microsoft our core mission is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft Identity & Network Access (IDNA) within our Security, Compliance, Identity and Management Division is at the heart of the day-to-day technology experience for billions of humans globally and plays a critical part of enabling them to achieve more, securely. Identity powers every Microsoft product and service from Windows to Office, Azure to Xbox. Microsoft Identity is growing fast and if you want to join a dynamic team which cares deeply about customers and works to solve complex problems at extremely high scale, we’d love to meet you!
Identity Platform seeks a Principal Program Manager to help our team tackle some of our most complex problems – our Reliability & Resilience & LiveSite (R2L) team, of which you’d be a part, is charged with building and delivering services, tooling and technical programs which help expand our engineering capability, improve our services’ availability, and help our service teams to mitigate outages, delivering critical outcomes for our service teams. Collectively our programs have a large and enduring impact across the IDNA organization.
This opportunity reports to the Partner Group Engineering Manager for Reliability & Resilience & LiveSite (R2L) within the Identity Platform Business Unit. You will lead the efforts for various R2L programs which help our IDNA engineering teams to manage their services effectively freeing them of service operations and delivery overhead to be able to focus on feature development.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a technical management role.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to translate what the customer needs to requirements. You’re in the details and you understand why they matter to the customer.
- Have run programs which deliver technology outcomes. You know what it takes to build, operate, and evolve services which operate at high scale on cloud infrastructure.
- Prior experience leading or partnering with business and operational roles and managing programs, processes, software, and service delivery.
- Team leadership experience. You’ve run programs with enough complexity to need several people to deliver, and you led those to successful outcomes.
- Proven ability to lead and drive consensus across leadership, team, and organizational boundaries and to deliver outcomes – the scope of this role is company-wide.
- Extensive experience influencing executive leadership and executive stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable presenting to large audiences and customers.
- Prior experience working in the Identity and/or Security technology domains.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.