Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft 365 continues to experience incredible growth as companies focus on their cloud strategy for productivity, securely enabling their hybrid workforce, and engagement of their employees. As part of Microsoft Engineering, the FastTrack team has one of the primary roles delivering these strategies and technical deployments with customers. The team is comprised of individuals that share in the passion to work with our customers to realize business value and transformation in their business using Microsoft 365 and related technologies. To successfully deliver this, FastTrack is constantly evolving pursuing new ideas and approaches to engage with our customers to get them to work smarter, faster, and more securely every day.
This role will be part of the team leading that evolution and will specifically focus on solving complex migration challenges for customers coming from non-Microsoft platforms, driving FastTrack and M365 product strategy, technical design and managing engineering delivery of product and migration features. The role requires both technical depth and breadth, the ability to quickly understand new technologies and customer needs, and the ability to drive engineering work to meet those needs. In this role you will have direct customer collaboration, hands-on engineering, and program management responsibilities. Your impact in this role will be measured in your ability in defining migration delivery strategy, defining technical solutions to create great migration experiences, managing product engineering while working alongside our customers, operations, partners, and scale delivery teams, with connections with product engineering and Microsoft field teams.
This role will require an individual with:
- End-user, Administrative and developer experience with productivity platforms including Google Workspace, Slack Zoom and other non-Microsoft productivity and security products; preferably with migration experience
- Ability to engage with customers, partners, engineering, and field teams to assess customer/market requirements and insights
- Ability to learn and technically ramp quickly on new platforms and products
- Ability to create technical specifications and architect scalable technical solutions.
- Ability to source technical expertise from others and work cross organization to define technical strategy, approach, and solutions
- Experience transforming people, process, and tools to meet the needs of the business
- Solid understanding and experience implementing the Microsoft 365 suite including productivity, identity, and security features
- Solid understanding and experience designing identity strategies & architecture (cloud and hybrid).
- Proven experience with design and implementation of automation solutions to reduce delivery operational risk and cost
- Proven experience with designing and building production solutions on Azure
- Good understanding of Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle.
- Engage with customers, field teams and cross organization to assess and analyze the needs of customers migrating to M365
- Collaborate to define technical strategies for products/services that meet the needs of customers
- Analyze gaps and concerns within technical features and capabilities, creating innovative technical solutions to address those gaps
- Gathering requirements and writing technical specifications
- Performing product research
- Create structure and clarity in managing technical delivery work across teams
- Executive communication and reporting
- Work with partners and delivery teams on how to operationalize and deliver new migration experiences to customers.
- Stay relevant in emerging vocal points in M365 and their relationship to customers’ needs to consume those features or experiences.
- (Required) Proven, demonstratable experience designing and implementing scaled production software solutions
- (Required) At least 5 years’ experience in customer facing technical roles that assess customer requirements and define solutions based on those requirements
- (Required) At least 5 years’ experience in technical design and specification creation
- (Required) At least 5 years’ experience in managing technical delivery with demonstrated experience in cross team solution design and implementation
- BS or MS in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in working with global teams.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Passion to understand and solve complex problems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.