Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to add cloud, mobile, and AI/ML onto your resume? Are you excited to be a leader in the frontier to the world of software as service, especially for the highly profitable and high growth premium enterprise customers?
Office 365 is the industry leader in hosted productivity suites and boasts of being the fastest growing business at Microsoft with more than 100 million seats hosted in multiple data centers across the globe. The Data Security and Privacy team is chartered with the very challenging missions of delivering on core mail delivery/hygiene in Exchange/o365 as well as Regulatory Compliance scenarios across Exchange, SharePoint and other office products and o365 hosted services.
- Design and deliver features end to end that are ‘serviceable’. Distributed computation, high scale, high availability, geo-redundancy, low maintenance and with provable quality
- Able to handle large scope and complicated feature ownership by working under self-driven initiatives with PM and across teams
- 8+ years software development experience with familiarity of at least one of OOP languages: C++/C#/Java
- 3+ years of experience working with Big Data and Distributed Systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience working on Security & Compliance related Products/Platforms
- Server and/or service experience is preferred but is not a must
- Able to ramp up new technologies fast
- Prior experience with AI/ML or tooling such as Jupyter Notebooks
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.