Sr. Hardware ENGINEER - DEBUG
Location: Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high-energy engineers to help achieve that mission.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering (CHEE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
#azurehwjobs #CHIE #
- responsible for debugging server platforms and complete rack level systems inside datacenters.
- responsible for advancing efficient remote debug methods necessary for server platform debug.
- responsible for leading cross functional teams chartered to debug complex/system level bugs.
- Collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software teams to identify bug root causes.
- Accountable to meet debug/ triage SLAs
- Assess and effectively communicate the priority of issues based on technical and business understanding
- Develop best in class debug methodologies and test strategies.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to drive debug efficiency.
- Effectively communicate with partners and stakeholders for planning and progress on initiatives using data.
- 5+ years of experience of technical leadership as a system, component or platform lead debug engineer or equivalent industry debugging experience.
- Deep understanding of modern server architectures – includes understanding of Memory or CPU, Networking or Storage devices and methods for debugging, testing, or validating such.
- Capable of leading technical deep dives into debug methodologies, system or component test failure reproduction strategies, test code or fault isolation content or test suites.
- Platform Debug, Component Debug or Validation experience
- Data analytical skills- utilizing data to drive debug flows and debug strategies
- Excellent communication skills using various forms of media.
- Able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision making, planning, and organizing work, summarizing results through technical reports
- Self-driven, self-motivated individual must be able work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.