Software Eng II
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years now, the Direct3D team has built the hardware abstractions, APIs, and tools that define realtime graphics across the game industry. The resulting explosion in GPU capabilities has extended our reach beyond ‘just’ graphics into exciting new compute scenarios such as ML. Every pixel displayed by a Windows or Xbox system was rendered using technologies that this team created. And we’re not done yet!
This is an important role offering significant potential for impacting multiple industries. We’re looking for someone with experience and passion to help us drive the next 20 years of GPU programming models, enabling future silicon innovation (what’s next after the recent arrival of realtime hardware raytracing?), increasingly generalized compute capabilities, and bringing the experience of debugging GPU code closer to the richness available today from CPU debugging tools.
- Design, build and support key features for GPU hardware abstraction, programming APIs, and debugging tools
- Execute feature delivery with a focus on quality and maintainability
- Engage in co-design and co-engineering efforts with industry leading hardware manufacturers and software developers
- Knowledge of GPU architecture and experience using low level graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan, or Metal
- At least 2 years experience delivering broadly released, commercial quality consumer or enterprise software
- Strong C/C++ coding and debugging skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Good communication/customer interfacing skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and ability to prioritize software development tasks
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.